Portable temprite

The ins and outs of putting your beer into kegs.

Portable temprite

Postby Tipsy » Friday Jun 15, 2007 5:43 pm

The local footy club is having an auction tomorrow and one of the items is a portable temprite.

Anyone know anything about these?
Tipsy

Postby lethaldog » Friday Jun 15, 2007 6:04 pm

Arnt they bassically a cooling system for a keg setup, ie: you can run your kegs warm and the beer is cooled through the lines :wink:
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Postby Tipsy » Friday Jun 15, 2007 6:08 pm

Yeah they are.
What I was after if anyone has used one and how they would compare with a fridge/freezer set up.
If there is any downsides to using one etc. etc.
Tipsy

Postby lethaldog » Friday Jun 15, 2007 6:10 pm

I have seen them used and all i know ( which isnt much) is that your pouring preasure needs to be higher cos the kegs are warm and they are very expensive to buy.

To be quite honest im not sure if the guy was using it correctly but i wasnt that impressed for the outlay :wink:
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Postby drsmurto » Monday Jun 18, 2007 5:36 pm

Tipsy

Did you end up buying it? I have one and am in the process of investigating how to install it into my bar.

Cheers
DrSmurto
drsmurto

Postby Tipsy » Monday Jun 18, 2007 8:51 pm

Na I didn't Dr.
The thing weighed a ton, needed four blokes to lift it and I was told it was only good for pouring a lot of beers though. Not much good to start up for 1/2 doz pots.

I purposely left the auction before it came up in case I had a rush of blood and put up my hand.

I was later told it went for $20 in perfect working order :oops:
Tipsy

Postby drsmurto » Tuesday Jun 19, 2007 10:14 am

Tipsy

Bugger. $20 is a bargain. Altho if it took 4 blokes to lift it i dont think it was portable :D

Mine is heavy but stands about 40cm high and weighs in the order of 25kg.

Hopefully i dont have to drink more than 6 beers everytime i want a beer but if i have to i guess i will just have to roll up the sleeves.

Altho in saying that, the chest freezer option sounds easier so may just sell the temprite to get some money towards a new freezer.

Cheers
DrSmurto
drsmurto

Re: Portable temprite

Postby nath76 » Wednesday Jul 30, 2008 10:23 pm

went down to the local 2night for a few coldies and came home with an electric temprite inline chiller thingmejig. It looks impressive but I have little idea on how it works. Is it as simple as hooking it up to a keg and plugging it in? It was for free so I had to take it,although Im a novice HBer. :oops:
How much r they worth anyway and do they use up much power..im guessing it would.......still,it looks pretty cool in my living room (misses not so stoked about the new piece of furniture).oh well :lol:
nath76

Postby Clean Brewer » Wednesday Jul 30, 2008 11:38 pm

nath76 wrote:went down to the local 2night for a few coldies and came home with an electric temprite inline chiller thingmejig. It looks impressive but I have little idea on how it works. Is it as simple as hooking it up to a keg and plugging it in? It was for free so I had to take it,although Im a novice HBer. :oops:
How much r they worth anyway and do they use up much power..im guessing it would.......still,it looks pretty cool in my living room (misses not so stoked about the new piece of furniture).oh well :lol:

Is this one of those chiller that you put the 5ltr kegs(heineken, DAB) in???
To be updated shortly....

HOMEBREW: IF I HAD TO EXPLAIN, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND
Clean Brewer

Postby nath76 » Wednesday Jul 30, 2008 11:49 pm

No...I dont think so...Ill have to put up some pics 2morrow. A normal keg is attached and the hoses go into the temprite where it chills the beer going through the lines..
nath76

Return to Kegging