50lt commercial keg how do i burp and purge???

The ins and outs of putting your beer into kegs.

50lt commercial keg how do i burp and purge???

Postby chefeffect » Sunday Jul 01, 2007 9:36 pm

Hi all,

Well im just starting out w/ 50lt kegging i have got a swan coupler the german slider type and it does not have a release valve how do i purge the keg head after filling w/ beer, and how do i burp it? will it matter that i will only fill it with 45lts of beer? and another question i have a party pump and i wish to have the keg filled and ready to go but i dont have Co2, beer lines, or a tap yet and my beer will be ready in 4 days what can i do? Will over priming fill the head space?
Is there anybody out there......
chefeffect

Postby Brewaholic » Sunday Jul 01, 2007 10:25 pm

HI Chef

When you get your co2 to purge your keg just put your gas line on2 the beer side of the coupler (top) and either take the fitting off the gas side or just push the valve in with your finger or something if it has snaplocks turn the gas on and it purges the head space.

Doesnt matter to fill it only to 45 litres if you are naturaly carbing just do it normaly but put about 70 kpa of co2 in the keg this will keep the gas in the beer without adding extra gas if you need any bits and pieces check out my website below i might be able to help out with a tap etc. :D
CURRENT STATUS -- Drunk
Brewaholic

Postby chefeffect » Monday Jul 02, 2007 12:07 am

I have veiwed your site lately and im interested in the beer and gas lines i already have the connectors what price would the hoses be?. I am a bit confused w/ your way for purging because my coupler has a plastic ball inside the beer out section on top and stops gas or beer coming back in to the keg, i quess this is a built in valve and so i cant push it in from the gas in line would i just take the ball out to purge???? :?
Is there anybody out there......
chefeffect

Postby Brewaholic » Monday Jul 02, 2007 12:36 am

Yeah just take the ball or rubber return valve out should be easy just email me how much you need an i will let u know.
CURRENT STATUS -- Drunk
Brewaholic

Return to Kegging