dry hopping when kegging

The ins and outs of putting your beer into kegs.

dry hopping when kegging

Postby Nathan Davis » Friday Jul 20, 2007 9:45 pm

Being relitively new at the home brew thing theres a few things people talk about ob here that i have no idea what there on about could someone please explain what is involved in racking and dry hopping id appreciate it
Nathan Davis

Postby Tipsy » Saturday Jul 21, 2007 1:43 am

There's a few "sticky posts" on the top of the forum that you should read but basically, dry hopping means chucking hops in the fermenter without boiling or steeping them in water (Good for aroma)
And racking means transferring your beer from one fermenter to another leaving the trub (I'll explain later) behind
Tipsy

Postby Chris » Thursday Jul 26, 2007 2:07 pm

And when dry hopping your keg, a hop ball seems the way to go to prevent possible clogging.
Chris

Postby Haggy » Friday Jul 27, 2007 7:18 am

Dont mean this to be a silly question - is it possible to "dry hop" when racking?

Also, is "late hopping" the same as dry hopping? I have just put down one of the Castlemaine Lager kits and it mentions "late hopping". I normally use the tea bag method when brewing, however i have held of PoR hops this time and was thinking of adding them during the racking process.

Any thoughts?
Haggy

Postby Kevnlis » Friday Jul 27, 2007 7:56 am

POR at rack is a very common practice and makes a great brew if called for. Not sure about doing it with a Castlemaine Lager but someone else might know the specifics of that recipe.
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby Boonie » Friday Jul 27, 2007 12:53 pm

Haggy wrote:Dont mean this to be a silly question - is it possible to "dry hop" when racking?

Also, is "late hopping" the same as dry hopping? I have just put down one of the Castlemaine Lager kits and it mentions "late hopping". I normally use the tea bag method when brewing, however i have held of PoR hops this time and was thinking of adding them during the racking process.

Any thoughts?

Yes... I dry hop all the time when racking. I'd say "late hopping" is the same.

Add the POR, it is a bittering hop, more bitter when boiled at the start with malt etc...Try either Cascade, Amarillo or Chinook....next time that is.

Bulk Prime pictures

Click link Page 2

http://www.homebrewandbeer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=56930#56930
A homebrew is like a fart, only the brewer thinks it's great.
Give me a flying headbutt.......
Boonie

Return to Kegging