dry hopping

The ins and outs of putting your beer into kegs.

Re: dry hopping

Postby Kevnlis » Thursday Feb 21, 2008 8:17 am

gregb wrote:I disagree with you Kev. I've successfully used the plunger for steeping grains.
Concur on the cleaning, but, plungers are always a pain to clean. Cleaning grains was no harder than with coffee grinds.

Cheers,
Greg

With mine, some of the grain forced it's way up around the outside and got jammed between the glass and the plunger bit, also some grain actually got through to the wort and had to be strained anyway. It was quite a bit harder to clean than normal coffee grinds because the husks and bits of grain embedded themselves in the plunger as they were forced through. Could be I did something wrong of course, but it was a horrible experience that I will not be repeating.

Steeping hop flowers and plugs would be fine, but the pellets I tried just went right through.
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby drsmurto » Thursday Feb 21, 2008 12:03 pm

Just in case i forgot to say, my tea balls arrived, all 4 of them for $20. One is now sitting at the bottom of a keg of LCPA with ~15g of fresh cascade pellets. After 2 days the aroma is damn near orgasmic..... yes, i do need help!
drsmurto

Postby Trough Lolly » Thursday Feb 21, 2008 12:26 pm

I gotta get me some of dem dang teaballs!

Cheers,
TL
Image Image
Trough Lolly

Previous

Return to Kegging