Zippity Doo-Da Zippity Ay

The ins and outs of putting your beer into kegs.

Postby Boonie » Sunday Dec 30, 2007 12:23 pm

Trough Lolly wrote:Start brewin' Boonie - empty kegs are a health hazard...they can rust, grow fungus and stuff so fill 'er with beer mate! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I did 2 brews raring to go, but one smells bloody awful......my fault. :oops: .It was a Brewcraft Bavarian, 1kg Wheatmalt, 30g Amarillo filled to 20 litres.

It could have been the ice that I threw in that had been sitting in the freezer, trying to cool the wort. I was in a hurry as I had to go out and fugged it up.

Well........actually it had that autolysis smell that I have had before, but I'd only left it for 7 days :cry: .

It's cool, I still have one full keg I am gassing up as I type, the porter ran out last night.

Repeat Boonie, No more shortcuts, No more shortcuts, No more shortcuts......fade to end.

Cheers

Boonie

PS Threw another 2 batches down today.... 8)
A homebrew is like a fart, only the brewer thinks it's great.
Give me a flying headbutt.......
Boonie

Postby Trough Lolly » Sunday Dec 30, 2007 1:43 pm

Boonie, what was the smell exactly? Did you smell foul, rotten eggs like an excellent morning after fart? If so, don't ditch the brew - it's fine...

Cheers,
TL
Image Image
Trough Lolly

Postby Boonie » Wednesday Jan 02, 2008 11:06 am

Trough Lolly wrote:Boonie, what was the smell exactly? Did you smell foul, rotten eggs like an excellent morning after fart? If so, don't ditch the brew - it's fine...

Cheers,
TL

Nah, she wasn't a lager yeast, I can see how you thought that when I said Bavarian, it was actually a Brewcraft Bav Wheat. It was not only the smell, it tasted freakin awful, even when I held my nose to see if it was just the smell.

It was fine after 3 days, but then went bad, very bad.

Oh well, the other beer is in the keg with the extended beer lines. They are actually 5metres long as the local HBS was very liberal in their measuring. Pours at 75-100 kp now

Cheers

Boonie
Boonie

Re: Zippity Doo-Da Zippity Ay

Postby Boonie » Wednesday Jan 09, 2008 11:23 am

Thanks guys for the 5 metres of beer line suggestion.

Works an absolute treat and it is now @ 70kpa for dispensing pressure....

Cheers

Boonie
Boonie

Previous

Return to Kegging