I lashed out

The ins and outs of putting your beer into kegs.

Re: I lashed out

Postby Longwood-65 » Thursday Sep 04, 2008 8:20 am

RDWHAHB ??

Relax, Don't Worry Have A Home Brew

Glug Glug

Cheers
Ron
Longwood-65

Postby drtom » Thursday Sep 04, 2008 8:36 pm

drsmurto wrote:60 hours/week :shock:
Us public servants would drop dead if we had to do that many hours :lol:

On the other hand, most dr<random>s that I know, including myself, can't sleep at night when they have an unsolved problem, so once you include that, the 40 - long lunches goes up quite a bit. Being a scientist is a curse! ;-)

T.
Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?
-- The Twelfth Night, William Shakespeare
drtom

Postby Biernut » Friday Sep 05, 2008 3:17 pm

Ron if you are having a problem with cloudy beer consider filtering. If your beer is ok filtering is the way to go. I set up my keg system a couple of years ago and went with a filter straight off. I use a .5 micron filter and on my second one now, filtering comes up with a bright clear beer every time. I aim for the clearest beer possible after racking prior to filtering and use a racking keg with around 25mm cut off the dip tube to try and keep as much trub out of the filter as they are not cheap. I have five kegs at the moment but looking at another two with the summer coming on. Much has been said about chill haze on this forum but I have only experienced it once with a batch of beer so it has never been an issue for me so I just hope it stays that way. Filtering won't take away off flavours or aroma in beer but it will sure give a nice polished finish.

Cheers
Biernut

Previous

Return to Kegging