ready to start just 1 quetion

The ins and outs of putting your beer into kegs.

ready to start just 1 quetion

Postby bangers » Thursday Aug 28, 2008 5:37 am

Hi everone,
I finaly got all the things I think I need to start off with.I purchased a 9ltr party keg from grain n grape a co2 potable system (the gas bomb type) and a bronco gun.I wanted to start of small to get the hang of things,keep enough for a beer durig the week and bottle the remainder for now.(till I get a kegerator system).Anyhow I'm gunna bulk prime my beer once I've set everything up, read all the threads that you guys have put me on to regarding this thanks again!I understand most of the proceeedure except for one thing only when making up the dex for priming it states to boil the water and dex together that parts fine,do I then wait for the sugar solution to cool down before racking into my secondary fermenter,or just bung it in as is?
bangers

Re: ready to start just 1 quetion

Postby Chris » Thursday Aug 28, 2008 7:34 am

I wouldn't wait. It's going to cool itself down pretty quickly when you add the beer. As long as you aren't adding a litre of the stuff or anything.
A beer in the hand is worth two in George Bush...

"They say beer will make me dumb. It are go good with pizza"
Psychostick
Chris

Re: ready to start just 1 quetion

Postby bangers » Friday Aug 29, 2008 5:20 am

thanks chris! :D
I just wanted to be sure,now I'm resy to have a crack just need to put down a brew.First time out I'm going to do a Morgans aussie pilsner with some saaz thrown in so if I have any probs I've only lost a cheapie and not an A.G. cheers and happy brewing!
bangers

Return to Kegging