Dual Regulator

The ins and outs of putting your beer into kegs.

Dual Regulator

Postby Lance » Thursday Sep 11, 2008 12:00 pm

I am hoping someone can help me. I need to set up a dual regulator system so a can pour and carbonate at the same time. Craftbrewer can't get any add-ons for micromatic regulators from the states. Is it easy enough to remove the high pressure gauge from the regulator which is going to be connected to the bottle and connect it to the inlet of the second regulator using a connection piece? Or is it easier to just buy a double regulator???

Thanks Lance
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
Lance

Re: Dual Regulator

Postby drsmurto » Thursday Sep 11, 2008 12:31 pm

I have 3 beers on tap and use a single regulator. You only need a dual reg if you want to pour 2 beers and 2 different carbonation levels.
drsmurto

Postby Paul » Thursday Sep 11, 2008 5:44 pm

Just go to Andale and they will have what you need to join two regs together.
Paul

Postby timmy » Thursday Sep 11, 2008 8:38 pm

There is a guy on ebay who will be selling some reasonably priced dual pressure regulators soon. He's called the_kegging_company or something like that. No affiliation other than being a happy customer....
timmy

Postby Lance » Thursday Sep 11, 2008 9:26 pm

Dr i am trying to eliminate the possibility of cross contamination and taste transfer from keg to keg.

Thanks Timmy i will keep an eye out for it.
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
Lance

Postby drsmurto » Thursday Sep 11, 2008 9:51 pm

Lance wrote:Dr i am trying to eliminate the possibility of cross contamination and taste transfer from keg to keg.

Just spewed some nice red wine all over my screen!

That is the funniest thing i have heard in a long time.

Mercy!
drsmurto

Postby PaulSteele » Friday Sep 12, 2008 1:45 pm

the good doctor has his own style, what he meant was; not a chance in hell of any perceptible cross contamination or taste transfer between kegs on the same regulator.

If you're still in doubt, give the cheap option a go before you buy the regulator add-ons.
PaulSteele

Postby Lance » Saturday Sep 13, 2008 12:56 pm

So sorry about your red wine Dr.

Thanks Paul.
Lance

Postby MattyR » Wednesday Sep 17, 2008 7:16 pm

Try kegsonline.com.au,they can apparently join another reg to your existing micromatic reg,but you have to send your reg to them so they can do it,which I will do as soon as I get my head around :? not being able to drink my beer for a week or so,especially when the G/F is coming up.Anyway,enough about my dilemma it costs about $127 plus postage they tell me.Enjoy.
MattyR

Return to Kegging