Second hand setup

The ins and outs of putting your beer into kegs.

Second hand setup

Postby Shanus » Sunday Jan 04, 2009 10:05 am

hi guys just want some ideas
i have bought two second hand setups
first setup was 13 kegs three still full of beer and the other kegs just had the dregs
i rinsed 10 of the kegs with water what should i do with them befor i use them??
do you think i should try the 3 kegs that some other guy brewed?
my lines and taps and reg have all been disconected so not sure how i should clean them all befor i use them a little help please

im picking up my second setp up in 2weeks which is another 6 kegs gas bottle frige and tap what how should i clean it all?

what are good cleaning agents and sanitiers for these setups?

whats the best way to store kegs that are not in use?

where is the best place to get o ring replacements?
Shanus

Re: Second hand setup

Postby wrighty » Sunday Jan 04, 2009 1:27 pm

Crikey did you win the H.B . lottery or what ,what sort of kegs are they ? If you search through threads in this forum you will find your answers.
asume they are post mix kegs ,if they havnt been in use for some time i would re kit (seals posts,lines)and give em a good clean with some type of sanitiser /steriliser ,all available on line at many h.b. shops near you.Sure many on this site will recommend a good shop near you.
What do you plan to do with so many kegs if i was closer i would buy a few from you ,if you note there is a thread on this forum were you can post gear for sale.think you might become a popular chap in your area.Good luck to you .
Wrighty.
Im not an alchoholic i dont go to the meetings !
wrighty

Re: Second hand setup

Postby Shanus » Sunday Jan 04, 2009 5:40 pm

yeh i do feel very lucky to find both kits im looking i will have about 20 kegs
i have 4 fridges and hoping to have from 5 to 10 tap of different brews
if it gets to much i might sell some of them the biggest problem i will have is getting the disconnects cause all the kegs are pin lock and i need to make a tool to unscrew them to do the seals as well
and yes they are all post mix kegs
Shanus

Return to Kegging