Lets all celebrate my beer lines.

The ins and outs of putting your beer into kegs.

Lets all celebrate my beer lines.

Postby chadjaja » Monday Feb 23, 2009 7:07 pm

I FINALLY got my 4mm beer lines on the tap barb and connect barbs!

I know you guys said it was possible, the guys at G&G said it can be done(and I didn't need to clamp them but I did) BUT I thought you were all kidding even after heating them....

I tried just boiling water....didn't work

I tried heating up the barb with a lighter AND boiling water on the line.. didn't work

I tried splicing the line a little just to get it on and then push....... didn't work.

I scorched beer line, split beer line, burnt myself and hit my knuckles more times than I can remember. :? :lol:

Well maybe someone can learn from my attempts.....

In the end I simply got needle nose pliers....got a mug of boiling water. Inserted the pliers into the end of the line and submerged it in the boiling water. Then I started pulling the plier handle ends apart to separate the plier ends and enlarge the tubing. I did this over and over twisting the tubing so I got an even stretch.

Then when I finally thought it was playable enough you move at the speed of light and get it on the barb and PUSH! AND PUSH!

For the connect end you can at least do the same thing and once its on a little put the whole connect in the water. Then go the final push and get that sucker on!

So simple and took minutes of my time compared to the wasted hours thinking this can't be done LOL

Time for a beer to celebrate. Now with 9ft of 4mm beer line, fan in the freezer, cold tap shanks I doubt I'll have foaming issues once I tap the first keg.

Much better than the cheap looking vinyl 6ft long 5mm beer line that came with my keg kit I'd think....

A beer to celebrate! :mrgreen:
chadjaja

Re: Lets all celebrate my beer lines.

Postby Tipsy » Tuesday Feb 24, 2009 3:07 pm

Well you don't have to twist my arm, I'm going to the pub to celebrate.
Tipsy

Postby Tipsy » Tuesday Feb 24, 2009 9:24 pm

f--- me, i'm rooted, an its all your fault chadjaja

............well maybe just one more.. work seems like hours away
Tipsy

Postby Paul » Friday Feb 27, 2009 2:08 pm

Thanks for reminding me why i use 5mm beer line.
Paul

Return to Kegging