Kegorator

The ins and outs of putting your beer into kegs.

Kegorator

Postby Haggy » Wednesday Nov 25, 2009 8:30 pm

Hi there...I am looking at upgrading my standard fridge with two door taps to one of those "Kegorator" systems advertised on ebay.
The object is to "downsize" to a smaller unit, but have the ability to run a commerical keg or two home brew kegs.

Any thoughts on the advertised systems?

Cheers
Chris
Haggy

Re: Kegorator

Postby warra48 » Thursday Nov 26, 2009 1:34 pm

I don't keg, but there are some here who do.
Has been a bit quiet of late, but they'll eventually turn up.
warra48

Postby jello » Thursday Nov 26, 2009 2:36 pm

I've seen the systems that you speak of. They look good, but i'm for practicality over prettiness. Especially at those prices.
Jeff.
jello

Postby chadjaja » Thursday Nov 26, 2009 8:43 pm

I would say confidently you will get into your beer on tap and want more than two.

I hear a lot those fridges they sell on eBay are cheap asian ones that aren't great quality. I'd personally pay a bit more for the same setup from a trusted Aussie brew store for peace of mind.

And have a think about where you are going to put it and room temp, those towers heat up and the first pour can be no fun. Building a small fan blower up the tower will help eliminate that and there is plenty of info and peoples set ups online to view. Some have the tank strapped to the back of the unit too but that limits you to a small 2.3kg bottle and means the unit sits a fair way away from the wall. Otherwise you need to stand the tank next to the fridge.

Can you tell I'm not a huge fan of them yet? 8)
chadjaja

Postby drsmurto » Friday Nov 27, 2009 9:54 am

If you want to downsize then have you thought about a small chest freezer with a collar?
drsmurto

Postby chadjaja » Friday Nov 27, 2009 5:56 pm

Even a 150L chesty would do the job as the Dr suggests and you could fit in the gas too if you only have two kegs or room to condition beers if you don't.
chadjaja

Return to Kegging