Racing question

General homebrew discussion, tips and help on kit and malt extract brewing, and talk about equipment. Queries on sourcing supplies and equipment should go in The Store.

Racing question

Postby bobby » Friday Aug 17, 2012 3:18 pm

racking, can someone tell me what you do , do you filter it,do you chill it, do you let it sit,I,am not sure on the process.
Split from Simple things that make HB better by Oliver
bobby

Re: Simple things that make HB better

Postby Sonny » Friday Aug 17, 2012 4:20 pm

bobby wrote:racking, can someone tell me what you do , do you filter it,do you chill it, do you let it sit,I,am not sure on the process.

Hi Bobby, anyway in which you want.
It's one of those things that people argue about, and some don't believe that it does anything.

Personally, I'm for it.

These days, I allow a brew to remain in the primary fermenter for like 2 weeks'ish, before tranferring into another 'clean' secondary fermenter by way of a 'clean' coiled down hose to prevent oxygenating the brew. There it will remain for at minimum another 2 weeks. I then bulk prime using another fermenter and I end up with a very clean beer.

Google more on it, there are so many techniques. If one works for you, then it's not incorrect.
http://forums.bikeme.tv/
the copper said that he'd 'been waiting all day for me to come along', I replied I got here as faaaast as I could!
Sonny

Return to Making beer