Hop Dealz Australia

Are you a retailer, supplier or brewer with something to promote, give away or flog? Here's the place.

Hop Dealz Australia

Postby HopDealz » Monday Feb 11, 2013 3:29 pm

G'day all.

Thanks for the opportunity to pass on some great Hop Dealz here. We, like you love hops and to that end we are focussed on Hops, just Hops, only Hops

Our website will be up and running shortly but until then we are selling some of our Hop Dealz on ebay http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/ozhops/m.html?_uhb=1&hash=item1c2fec029e&item=121063080606&pt=AU_Barware&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

Please check us out, we aim to provide great Hop Dealz to the avid Home Brewer for great price.

Currently we list only 450g Bags but are looking into smaller mixed bags of 3 or 4 x 110g, for example 110g of Simcoe, Citra, Amarillo and Mosaic. If you think that is something that is of interest, please let me know and I will list them.

Once again, thank you for the opportunity to get involved here.

HDA
HopDealz

Re: Hop Dealz Australia

Postby barls » Monday Feb 11, 2013 11:24 pm

dude not to rain on your parade but i can buy from the states most of those for less and thats including shipping.
i mean its good to see more people selling bulk hops but you need to look in to who your competing against.
also you will find that most home brewers like to be able to see what crop year the hops are from and what aa% they are before buying, as some years of hops arent as good as others.
barls

Postby HopDealz » Tuesday Feb 12, 2013 6:36 am

Hi barls, thanks for the reply, will list the AA% tonight, bit of a faceaplm moment there for sure.

We think our prices are reasonably competitive for the Australian market. We 'try', wherever possible, to source our hops from Australian suppliers and in doing so are a little restricted but we see the importance of supporting Australian suppliers. Perhaps not the most profitable business model but we take pride in our ethical model.

We realise that for example, some American suppliers currently list Citra for $27 a pound, with $6.25 (4lb's imported) for postage would still make it cheaper than what we list. That said, our 2012 Amarillo is much better than their listed 2011 Amarillo at $35 + $6.25 postage (4lb's imported).

All of the Hops we list are the current season where available, though from memory I think the First Gold and Styrian Goldings 'may' be 2011 crop. (edit) but I will need to check that and confirm.

Thanks for the response and I will get those Years AA% listed APAP.

HDA
HopDealz

Postby barls » Tuesday Feb 12, 2013 8:06 am

no problems mate,
you might also want to post about it over here as well. might help you for your sales.
http://aussiehomebrewer.com/index.php?
barls

Postby rotten » Tuesday Feb 12, 2013 5:44 pm

If you're game that is
Beer numbs all zombies !!!
rotten

Postby HopDealz » Tuesday Feb 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi rotten, we certainly do intend to advertise and launch on AHB as well. We thought it prudent to have the website up and going at that point.

Perhaps we have jumped the gun a bit even here launching before we have everything sorted but to be honest, We got excited. The website should be launched next week and I for one am still excited to be an aussie fella, supporting aussie distributors trying to help an aussie home brewing community.

We look forward to the opportunity to prove this.

HDA
HopDealz

Postby HopDealz » Thursday Apr 18, 2013 8:01 pm

Hiya all, I just wanted to update this thread with the site information. As per above we have launched the site now (a little while ago now in fact) and received a very warm welcome on AHB, more so than I ever felt possible to be honest. Ive seen some brutal stuff over there over the years.. Im glad that I was not among those numbers. :mrgreen:

anyway, here is the site addie and I hope you have a look and are pleased with what you find. We hope to expand our stocks over the next few months and really hope we can help you not only make great beer... but cheaper beer.

http://www.hopdealzaustralia.com
HopDealz

Postby Guru » Friday Apr 19, 2013 8:16 am

Nice to see the site up and running, prices and postage rates look ok to me. I may have an order in the near future.

Just a suggestion, the social media links at the bottom of the page still point to the website company. You may wish to change those. :D
Guru

Postby HopDealz » Friday May 24, 2013 1:22 pm

All new varieties added to the site, we are hoping to see the addition of some faves again over the next 3 weeks, Chinook coming next week, then Motueka and Nelson to follow.

In site news, a whole new site is being rebuilt from the ground up, it's going to be slicker all round with better functionality and compatibility with mobile devices than the current version.

Cheers
HopDealz

Postby rotten » Monday May 27, 2013 7:29 pm

And the penny drops. Gday Yob
Beer numbs all zombies !!!
rotten

Postby HopDealz » Thursday Jun 20, 2013 7:21 am

:) g'day Rotten.. :D
HopDealz

Return to Retailers' trading room