CraftBrewer New Site - Beta Testers please

Are you a retailer, supplier or brewer with something to promote, give away or flog? Here's the place.

CraftBrewer New Site - Beta Testers please

Postby Ross » Saturday Oct 06, 2007 10:52 am

Hi Brewers,

I've been working on a new site (http://craftbrewer.leeroxdigital.com) from the ground up for nearly 4 months now, implementing improvements from customer feedback over the last year & other than a bit more padding in certain areas it's basically finished. I really don't want to go live & find there are serious issues across different formats, so asking if you guys/gals can give it a work out for me please.
You can register & buy things with the credit card number supplied, but the site is not live, so please don't actually order something you require. The old site will be replaced when we are happy.

Please give feed back here, good & bad, as it's not too late to make additional changes.
If you can take screen shots of any issues & email to me at ross@craftbrewer.com.au that would be most appreciated, or you can put comments in the checkout box that I will also recieve.

Hoping you'll find the new site a worthwhile improvement, while not losing the feel of the old site that most seemed to like.

cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer
http://www.craftbrewer.com.au
Hops, Grain, Yeast & Brewing Supplies
Ross
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Saturday Oct 28, 2006 7:32 am
Location: Carbrook - SE Qld

Postby Chris » Saturday Oct 06, 2007 11:47 am

Love the new look. Will give it a better look through when I have a bit longer.
Chris
 
Posts: 3716
Joined: Tuesday Oct 04, 2005 1:35 pm
Location: Northern Canberra

Postby KEG » Saturday Oct 06, 2007 12:23 pm

Really like it. Particularly like the improvements to the grain section - eg. pictures of the grain, whether or not it needs mashing, etc. Well done :)
Image
User avatar
KEG
 
Posts: 1682
Joined: Thursday Dec 21, 2006 9:02 am

Postby Heals » Saturday Oct 06, 2007 12:29 pm

Particularly like the improvements to the grain section - eg. pictures of the grain, whether or not it needs mashing, etc.


Looks great ross, nicely done!
Image
Explore your HOPTIONS!
240+ varieties of hops, expert descriptions, substitutes, beer styles and more. hopslist.com is the largest source of hops info on the web.
User avatar
Heals
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Thursday Jul 12, 2007 11:32 pm
Location: Melbourne

Postby warra48 » Saturday Oct 06, 2007 5:22 pm

I really like the new site. It seems easier to navigate than the old one.
I assume also that if I back out of the site, then a partially completed shopping cart can be retrieved. As you know, it got lost on the old site. I couldn't test this, as the beta site wouldn't allow me to log in with my ID and password.
For what it's worth, the old site seemed to display OK in full with my screen resolution set to 800x600, whereas the new site seems to require at least a resolution of 1020x768, to display the full screen width.
It just means i have to wear my reading glasses while looking at the screen, which I didn't do with the old screen.
Anyway, it will definitely be an improvement.
User avatar
warra48
 
Posts: 2076
Joined: Wednesday Apr 04, 2007 12:45 pm
Location: Corlette NSW

Postby chris. » Saturday Oct 06, 2007 5:36 pm

:wink:
Last edited by chris. on Sunday Oct 14, 2007 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
chris.
 
Posts: 912
Joined: Wednesday Feb 08, 2006 3:28 pm
Location: Brewing

Postby Pale_Ale » Saturday Oct 06, 2007 6:19 pm

Looks great Ross
Coopers.
Pale_Ale
 
Posts: 1233
Joined: Wednesday Oct 25, 2006 10:46 pm
Location: Adelaide, SA

Postby Chris » Saturday Oct 06, 2007 7:01 pm

Yeah, it IS much easier to nav. And the pics and info are good. I didn't find any problems.
Chris
 
Posts: 3716
Joined: Tuesday Oct 04, 2005 1:35 pm
Location: Northern Canberra

Postby lethaldog » Saturday Oct 06, 2007 7:27 pm

Looks good mate :wink:
Cheers
Leigh
User avatar
lethaldog
 
Posts: 2716
Joined: Wednesday Jul 19, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Victoria

Postby tazman67 » Saturday Oct 06, 2007 7:47 pm

looks good Ross. Love the pics
I brew the beer I drink
tazman67
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Wednesday Apr 26, 2006 10:04 pm
Location: Brisbane Queeensland

Postby Rabbitz » Saturday Oct 06, 2007 8:19 pm

Hi Ross

The front page returns two errors into the Firefox Error Stack. Both come from your style sheet.

Warning: Expected end of value for property but found '1'. Error in parsing value for property 'border'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://craftbrewer.leeroxdigital.com/common/main.css
Line: 276

Warning: Expected end of value for property but found '1'. Error in parsing value for property 'border'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://craftbrewer.leeroxdigital.com/common/main.css
Line: 286

Tested with Firefox/2.0.0.7

These appear to be quite minor and probably be ignored, but they are there.

Rabz
"Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of lifes problems"
H.J. Simpson
Rabbitz
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Thursday Aug 02, 2007 12:52 pm
Location: Northern Sydney

Postby pixelboy » Saturday Oct 06, 2007 9:32 pm

nice upgrade Ross.. Looks great.
pixelboy
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Tuesday Mar 07, 2006 9:42 pm
Location: Berowra Heights - Sydney

Postby Ross » Sunday Oct 07, 2007 8:35 am

warra48 wrote:I really like the new site. It seems easier to navigate than the old one.
I assume also that if I back out of the site, then a partially completed shopping cart can be retrieved. As you know, it got lost on the old site. I couldn't test this, as the beta site wouldn't allow me to log in with my ID and password.
For what it's worth, the old site seemed to display OK in full with my screen resolution set to 800x600, whereas the new site seems to require at least a resolution of 1020x768, to display the full screen width.
It just means i have to wear my reading glasses while looking at the screen, which I didn't do with the old screen.
Anyway, it will definitely be an improvement.


Warra48 - You need to register first, but once registered, yes the site remembers your old cart when you re login.

cheers Ross
http://www.craftbrewer.com.au
Hops, Grain, Yeast & Brewing Supplies
Ross
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Saturday Oct 28, 2006 7:32 am
Location: Carbrook - SE Qld

Postby Ross » Sunday Oct 07, 2007 8:41 am

chris. wrote:Seems like you missed a forum on your links page.... :wink:


Whoops...sorted :wink:

cheers Ross
http://www.craftbrewer.com.au
Hops, Grain, Yeast & Brewing Supplies
Ross
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Saturday Oct 28, 2006 7:32 am
Location: Carbrook - SE Qld

Postby KEG » Sunday Oct 07, 2007 9:45 am

Ross wrote:Warra48 - You need to register first, but once registered, yes the site remembers your old cart when you re login.

cheers Ross
fantastic :D
Image
User avatar
KEG
 
Posts: 1682
Joined: Thursday Dec 21, 2006 9:02 am

Postby warra48 » Sunday Oct 07, 2007 11:54 am

Ross wrote:Warra48 - You need to register first, but once registered, yes the site remembers your old cart when you re login.
cheers Ross


Done. Works a treat. Definitely easier to navigate and shop than the old site. Looks good, nice pictures, and the descriptions of the products in the listings are very useful.
User avatar
warra48
 
Posts: 2076
Joined: Wednesday Apr 04, 2007 12:45 pm
Location: Corlette NSW

Postby lethaldog » Sunday Oct 07, 2007 12:08 pm

spelling mistakes here, im guessing that distintive = distinctive

http://craftbrewer.leeroxdigital.com/shop/default.asp?CID=28
Cheers
Leigh
User avatar
lethaldog
 
Posts: 2716
Joined: Wednesday Jul 19, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Victoria

Postby Ross » Sunday Oct 07, 2007 2:48 pm

lethaldog wrote:spelling mistakes here, im guessing that distintive = distinctive

http://craftbrewer.leeroxdigital.com/shop/default.asp?CID=28



guess i should have put all the pages through a spell checker. Been working to 1.00am nearly every day, getting all the pages set-up, so a few errors are bound to be there. There were 2 pelling mistakes, both now corrected - please keep finding them :)

cheers Ross
http://www.craftbrewer.com.au
Hops, Grain, Yeast & Brewing Supplies
Ross
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Saturday Oct 28, 2006 7:32 am
Location: Carbrook - SE Qld

Postby lethaldog » Sunday Oct 07, 2007 2:57 pm

Ross wrote:
lethaldog wrote:spelling mistakes here, im guessing that distintive = distinctive

http://craftbrewer.leeroxdigital.com/shop/default.asp?CID=28



guess i should have put all the pages through a spell checker. Been working to 1.00am nearly every day, getting all the pages set-up, so a few errors are bound to be there. There were 2 pelling mistakes, both now corrected - please keep finding them :)

cheers Ross
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Leigh
User avatar
lethaldog
 
Posts: 2716
Joined: Wednesday Jul 19, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Victoria

Postby Chris » Sunday Oct 07, 2007 5:18 pm

Well spotted Lethal :D
Chris
 
Posts: 3716
Joined: Tuesday Oct 04, 2005 1:35 pm
Location: Northern Canberra

Next

Return to Retailers' trading room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests