idle eBay browsing...

Spread the word about cheap beer, or homebrewing equipment and supplies. Found something of interest on eBay? Post it here.

Postby undercover1 » Thursday Oct 13, 2005 4:37 pm

Ho ho, a techie with a sense of humor!
Preferred the leather pants myself, may have to have a look on ebay tonight.
Salut!
undercover1

Postby undercover1 » Friday Oct 14, 2005 1:36 pm

Salut!
undercover1

Postby Shaun » Thursday Oct 20, 2005 6:01 pm

Shaun

Postby Tyberious Funk » Friday Oct 21, 2005 9:11 am

"i have the right to refuse sale after auction as i have this brew kit for sale elsewhere! thanks for understanding if this happens!"

I didn't think that was allowed on eBay
Tyberious Funk

Postby Tony » Friday Oct 21, 2005 12:33 pm

Nope. From: http://pages.ebay.com.au/education/learn-to-sell-basics-policies.html:
Refusing to honour a winning bid by not following through with a successful transaction is a policy violation when committed by both sellers and bidder

Tony
Tony

Postby undercover1 » Friday Oct 21, 2005 1:45 pm

Let's see what he has to say about this message I just sent him, including a link to this very thread...

Hi, I am interested in bidding, but am not sure about your caveat.
Ebay policy states: Refusing to honour a winning bid by not following through with a successful transaction is a policy violation when committed by both sellers and bidders. Visit eBay's Help pages for more information.

Can you please advise on what basis you are reserving your right not to sell to the highest eBay bidder?

thanks

ps a bunch of potential buyers are interested in this item, and your answer, actually: see here http://www.homebrewandbeer.com/forum/vi ... 5983#15983
Salut!
undercover1

Postby silkworm » Friday Oct 21, 2005 4:00 pm

Idle Greyonline browsing....

http://www.graysonline.com.au/sale.asp?SALE_ID=7402

You could set up a nice dishwashing arrangement under the home bar....
For those interested in setting up the ultimate HB service area....
added to the Alice TV series set sale of the iceburge beer tap you'd be the envy of us all :wink:
Cheers
Silk

Postby undercover1 » Wednesday Oct 26, 2005 12:30 pm

Well, this guy has managed to get some mighty bids for his kit, http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HOME-BREW-KIT-2-FERMENTERS-HEATER-BENCH-CAPPER_W0QQitemZ7190246033QQcategoryZ118QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem but needs to learn some manners:

Hi there,

its simple.... no one can make me sell the item if you win it, whos gonna make me do so?
i have that statement in there becuase i have it for sale elsewhere and if it sells there then im not gonna sell it twice am i now?
these are my terms..... i placed them there and told everyone... if u dont like them dont bid? its not hard.
look around on a million pages on ebay everyone has these clauses... who wants to sell something twice if u have it for sale elsewhere.
i dont care what ebay says.... this is my auction and i put my own terms on it... bid or dont bid i dont care...
hope this helps you with your unhappiness and problems in ur life
regards ryan
Salut!
undercover1

Postby Hillbilly » Wednesday Oct 26, 2005 12:40 pm

Feel sorry for the guy with the highest bid!
Hillbilly

Postby Lebowski » Wednesday Oct 26, 2005 12:59 pm

Can you just report it to ebay?
Or maybe make a bid with a clause that you may not actually want to buy it as you have bids on beer stuff elsewhere?
Lebowski

Postby grabman » Wednesday Oct 26, 2005 1:44 pm

clever Lebowski, but I think eBay would see that as maybe more serious!

I'd report him!!!
Some people say I have a drinking Problem....
I drink, I get drunk, I fall over....
What's the problem?

http://www.brodiescastlebrewing.com/
grabman

Postby Tyberious Funk » Wednesday Oct 26, 2005 3:37 pm

undercover1 wrote:Well, this guy has managed to get some mighty bids for his kit, http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HOME-BREW-KIT-2-FERMENTERS-HEATER-BENCH-CAPPER_W0QQitemZ7190246033QQcategoryZ118QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem but needs to learn some manners:

Hi there,

its simple.... no one can make me sell the item if you win it, whos gonna make me do so?
i have that statement in there becuase i have it for sale elsewhere and if it sells there then im not gonna sell it twice am i now?
these are my terms..... i placed them there and told everyone... if u dont like them dont bid? its not hard.
look around on a million pages on ebay everyone has these clauses... who wants to sell something twice if u have it for sale elsewhere.
i dont care what ebay says.... this is my auction and i put my own terms on it... bid or dont bid i dont care...
hope this helps you with your unhappiness and problems in ur life
regards ryan

Please, please report the guy.
Tyberious Funk

Postby undercover1 » Wednesday Oct 26, 2005 4:33 pm

Reporting this jerk is one thing.

But I understand it may be possible for people to get onto, say, Hotmail & register a throwaway email address, then use that to set up a user ID on eBay.
At which point they could potentially do a lot of bidding on items, while sending message to the seller/s that they are thinking about buying something elsewhere, and reserving the right not to pay.
And who knows, they could even make stupidly high bids for items, knowing they were never going to have to honour them.
Salut!
undercover1

Postby Dogger Dan » Thursday Oct 27, 2005 2:25 am

Lots of attitude on that guy eh?

Glad he is getting out of it.
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby Tyberious Funk » Thursday Oct 27, 2005 10:23 am

undercover1 wrote:Reporting this jerk is one thing.

But I understand it may be possible for people to get onto, say, Hotmail & register a throwaway email address, then use that to set up a user ID on eBay.
At which point they could potentially do a lot of bidding on items, while sending message to the seller/s that they are thinking about buying something elsewhere, and reserving the right not to pay.
And who knows, they could even make stupidly high bids for items, knowing they were never going to have to honour them.

It's actually quite difficult... I believe eBay requires credit card details as verification when you use a hotmail (or yahoo, or gmail) address, making it a bit difficult to create fake IDs. It's possible... but not easy.
Tyberious Funk

Postby Aussie Claret » Thursday Oct 27, 2005 12:07 pm

Sry, not true.
To register you simply need an email address ONLY, I know cos I just tried it.
AC
Aussie Claret

Postby flosso » Thursday Oct 27, 2005 12:22 pm

What a tosser - it's due to the likes of him that people are afriad to trust ebay - report him for sure!!!
flosso

Postby Tyberious Funk » Thursday Oct 27, 2005 2:25 pm

Aussie Claret wrote:Sry, not true.
To register you simply need an email address ONLY, I know cos I just tried it.
AC

Only if your email address is from an ISP, company, school or other organisation. If you try and register with a Yahoo email address, it will insist on a credit card. I know. I dare say it would be the same for Hotmail, Gmail and any others.
Tyberious Funk

Postby Shaun » Thursday Oct 27, 2005 7:33 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Home-Brew-Keg-Fr ... dZViewItem

Fridge and fittings all you need is the kegs.
Shaun

Postby mikey » Sunday Oct 30, 2005 12:59 pm

Shaun wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Home-Brew-Keg-Fridge-System-Beer-on-Tap-At-Home_W0QQitemZ6219412103QQcategoryZ571QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Fridge and fittings all you need is the kegs.

If the starting bid s $299 and there is no reserve does that mean you can actually bd at a lower price?

As you can probably guess I've never used e-bay.
mikey

PreviousNext

Return to Bargain bin