Malt Shovel Kits at Big W

Spread the word about cheap beer, or homebrewing equipment and supplies. Found something of interest on eBay? Post it here.

Malt Shovel Kits at Big W

Postby flosso » Monday Jul 25, 2005 2:55 pm

I noticed today that Big W at QV in Melbourne is now stocking Malt Shovel kits. Well, the only variety they had was the two-row lager - but it was priced at $14.87 which is a fair bit less for a MS kit than I've seen it at any HBS. Hopefully they will start stocking other varieties of MS kits.

They also had a Malt Shovel starter pack for $52.87. I think it has been reviewed somewhere on this forum. It contained the 11.5 litre fermenter and enough stuff to get started (came with a can of MS Pale Ale). I thought the fermenter was interesting, it had a slight conical bottom to make reducing the sediment easier (so the blurb said), and something called a plinth which I think is the base for the fermenter to stand on.
flosso

Re: Malt Shovel Kits at Big W

Postby Tyberious Funk » Monday Jul 25, 2005 3:24 pm

flosso wrote: Hopefully they will start stocking other varieties of MS kits.

BigW have a suprisingly good range of stuff, although it does vary from store to store. I've been the Big W in Forest Hill (Melbourne) on a few occasions and noted a fairly generous variety of reasonably priced kits. I'm glad the QV is getting better, because I'm usually in the city at least once a week.
Tyberious Funk

Postby NTRabbit » Monday Jul 25, 2005 7:45 pm

The BigW at Marion in Adelaide typically has the full Coopers Range (varies from week to week), the Tooheys range, Brigalow, and Brewiser, along with the Coopers and Brewiser sugar and accessory ranges. Only the Coopers and Tooheys full kits though.

K-Mart upstairs at Marion stocks the basic Coopers Range, Tooheys and Wander, but not much else. Only had the Wander full kit last time i looked, but the homebrew shelves were particularly empty that day.
Het Witte Konijn
NTRabbit

Return to Bargain bin