Really cheap kegs

Spread the word about cheap beer, or homebrewing equipment and supplies. Found something of interest on eBay? Post it here.

Postby Shaun » Sunday Jan 15, 2006 2:25 pm

Mewshew

Around $65 - $75 a keg
$18 - $20 each for beer and gas connectors
$4 a meter of line (beer and gas)
$80 - $100 for a pluto gun
$80 for regulator

Around $350 - $400 all up that is from HBS in Oz.

If you order your kegs from the US then it will come down to around $45 - $55 a keg. You can shop around a lot for a reg, and pluto guns can be purchased second hand if you look around.

Gas you will need to rent a cylinder from BOC or simalur for around $100 a year.
Shaun

Postby Mewshew » Sunday Jan 15, 2006 9:39 pm

Hmm, thanks for the info guys. Might hold off on that idea for a few years. Looks like I'll be bottling and priming for some time.
Mewshew

Postby Shaun » Monday Jan 16, 2006 10:52 am

Mewshew holding off is not a bad thing, my systems was 4 years in the design phase, however that meant when I put it together it had every thing I wanted and has not had to be reengineered for any reason. The best thing you can do is look at lots of different systems, go to a demo on how to set a fringe up (County Brewer use to do one at the Prospect store once a year) and talk to lots of different people about different gear.

Once you have done this take all this info and distil it into how to achieve what you want and do it. If you get it right the first time you will be very satisfied.
Shaun

Previous

Return to Bargain bin