cheap ESB kits (ACT)

Spread the word about cheap beer, or homebrewing equipment and supplies. Found something of interest on eBay? Post it here.

cheap ESB kits (ACT)

Postby Polar » Sunday May 14, 2006 1:00 pm

G'day fellow Canberrans - ButtsnBrew (Calwell) have the 3kg ESB kits for $22.95 - super stout, bavarian wheat, nut brown ale and czech pilsner - leave some for me :wink:
regards
Polar

Deja Voodoo the feeling we've killed this chicken before
Polar

Postby chris. » Sunday May 14, 2006 1:04 pm

ButtsnBrew? :shock:
Last edited by chris. on Sunday Oct 07, 2007 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chris.

Postby Polar » Sunday May 14, 2006 4:12 pm

yeah Chris combination of HB supplies and Tobacconist
regards
Polar

Deja Voodoo the feeling we've killed this chicken before
Polar

Postby ACTbrewer » Sunday May 14, 2006 6:27 pm

Thanks for the tip. I normally go to Kambah, I find the guy at Butts and Brew a bit weird, one day he is friendly, and the next he is really snarly. Loads of people I know have also mentioned it....but if the price is right....!
ACTbrewer

Postby InCider » Sunday May 14, 2006 7:19 pm

ACT Brewer - this is a bit off topic, but I have the same issue with the Kawana (Sunshine Coast - QLD) HBS. Once I felt I was getting @rseholed out because it was nearly 2pm on a saturday, but I though it would be a one-off. I went back one weekday - as it's so close to work and asked about crystal malt - and got the third degree as I was told (by her) that all I needed was in the kit...

So I went back again, hoping to spend some money this time, and did, the service was a little better, but I'm not going back. They don't seem keen for sales.

The lady at my local shop, Kim from Still Brew'in is a lovely lady who helps me as much as she can, and is always up for a chat, help and free empty tallies if you need them. If she could brew it for you she would - great fun just going there.

Glad I got that off my chest!

InCider.
InCider

Postby ACTbrewer » Monday May 15, 2006 9:06 am

Why do individuals go into the retail industry if they don't like dealing with people? It takes not much to be positive and helpful, ( and bag that customer for life), on the other hand, it's really easy to piss someone off and drive them away as well.
I imagine homebrew shops don't turn you into a millionaire either, so you would think they would all be jumping out of their skins to be nice.
ACTbrewer

Postby InCider » Monday May 15, 2006 6:50 pm

ACT - you're right - why surf if you hate water?

I am of the opinion that a lot o people like the idea of retail, but the reality is a long way from their mind's eye.

And you're right about being a millionaire - it's not the way, but there is a difference between lifestyle and business man - maybe some think once they have a shop, it'll all happen. Fools. Kindness costs nothing. Coutesy is pretty cheap too I hear.

As for surf, you'd have to head to Jervis Bay if my memory serves me correctly!

Cheers, and thanks for the reply.

InCider.
InCider

Return to Bargain bin