More Brew Stuff on Ebay

Spread the word about cheap beer, or homebrewing equipment and supplies. Found something of interest on eBay? Post it here.

More Brew Stuff on Ebay

Postby Boonie » Wednesday Nov 08, 2006 7:53 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Home-Brew-Kit-Plus-150-Long-Neck-Bottles_W0QQitemZ120049629049QQihZ002QQcategoryZ38172QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Couple of kegs and 150 Crownies......I know you guys in SA are blessed with Recycle centres, but these would go pretty quick in NSW. :cry:
A homebrew is like a fart, only the brewer thinks it's great.
Give me a flying headbutt.......
Boonie

Postby Timmsy » Thursday Nov 09, 2006 2:31 pm

yeah ive already bidded on them but thats to much for me. I brought 10 doz pick axes from my local reycling cebtre for $30. The fermenters would of been in handy but ill just wait for my local HBS has a special on and ill get another one
Ah, beer, my one weakness. My Achille's heel, if you will.
Timmsy

Postby Murray » Thursday Nov 09, 2006 3:10 pm

$30 for 10 dozen.... If only we still had those receyling depots in Melbourne....
Murray

Postby Boonie » Thursday Nov 09, 2006 6:29 pm

Timmsy wrote:yeah ive already bidded on them but thats to much for me. I brought 10 doz pick axes from my local reycling cebtre for $30.

:shock:

120 for $30 1 Extremely envious brewer here :o :cry:
A homebrew is like a fart, only the brewer thinks it's great.
Give me a flying headbutt.......
Boonie

Postby drsmurto » Tuesday Nov 21, 2006 9:18 am

I won that auction. Decided it was time to take the step up to full time brewer so needed more bottles, another fermenter and that capper is a beast! Might use it for some weights training, weighs a ton! I found it was getting harder to get the recycling centres to hand over the l/necks, maybe they twigged. The books that came with it were a laugh, 1970s - easy to see how far brewers have come since then, they were still talking about sugar rather than malt...

Now i am in search of a fridge to keep the fermenters cool as my shed is well above 30C in the middle of the day and the partner isnt impressed with me brewing lagers inside....

Timmsy - which recycling centre did you get your l/necks from?
drsmurto

Postby rwh » Tuesday Nov 21, 2006 10:26 am

http://www.homebrewandbeer.com/forum/vi ... hp?p=40454 :lol:

And by full-time brewer, do you mean it's now your "job"? :shock:
w00t!
rwh

Postby drsmurto » Tuesday Nov 21, 2006 11:35 am

By full time i mean i want to be able to build up a collection of home brew so i dont have to buy commercial beer all the time. Still a hobby!

I wish brewing was my job...... not thru lack of trying but Coopers seem to prefer to hire relatives.... :(

Fridgewise - i am hoping to find a 2nd hand fridge for ~$50 (yer, i'm a big spender!) and then put a timing switch on it so i can cycle it off and on to keep the temp somewhere below 15 C for lagers. Might be a bit of trial and error but its less complicated than a fridgemate and rewiring. I can then do cold conditioning by switching it on normally.

Well, at least thats my thoughts at the moment. I have ~400 boittles so reckon that should keep me going for a few weeks!
drsmurto

Return to Bargain bin