Aussie Disposals fermenters & cubes

Spread the word about cheap beer, or homebrewing equipment and supplies. Found something of interest on eBay? Post it here.

Aussie Disposals fermenters & cubes

Postby afromaiko » Friday Dec 15, 2006 12:25 pm

Went into Aussie Disposals today here in Camberwell, Melbourne. They have a sale on, with a couple of bucks off a few items. Some probably not discounted but they seem cheap anyway and this is what they had:

10 litre Jerry Can $7.95
20 litre cube $9.95
30 litre fermenter barrel $19.95
60 litre fermenter barrel $39.95

All the translucent white plastic, I assume food grade because they are intended for water. All come with lid and o-ring seals and bung in the tap hole. No taps, but they are about $1.50 at Bunnings. You'll need a grommet once you drill your airlock hole too.
afromaiko

Postby timmy » Friday Dec 15, 2006 12:45 pm

Also Bunnings have a 25L fermenter barrel with tap fitting for $16. All you need to buy is the tap (and drill the lid for the airlock).

Better than paying $40 at the HBS.....
timmy

Postby afromaiko » Friday Dec 15, 2006 12:48 pm

I've looked for them in a few Bunnings in Melbourne but haven't been able to find them so far.. just jerry cans & taps. The jerry cans didn't have o-rings though.
afromaiko

Postby Cortez The Killer » Friday Dec 15, 2006 3:20 pm

I walked past the one in Wollongong today at lunch

Oh well - I might pop in on the weekend

Cheers
He came dancing across the water.
Cortez, Cortez. What a killer!
Cortez The Killer

Postby timmy » Friday Dec 15, 2006 3:47 pm

afro,

Got mine from the Fountain Gate/Narre Warren one. They weren't there a few weeks ago, but magically there last week..... An added advantage is the lid has a handle molded into it. Probably a bit small to brew in (esp. if brewing a volatile one) but fine for racking or bulk priming.

btw - Polyethylene (wot they're made of) is generally food grade. At any rate, they're sold as drinking water containers so should be anyway.

Tim
timmy

Postby Emo » Friday Dec 15, 2006 5:41 pm

A 60 litre one would be good to make a double sized batch but I reckon it'd be a bit heavy to lift.
Emo

Postby afromaiko » Saturday Dec 16, 2006 7:59 am

Emo wrote:A 60 litre one would be good to make a double sized batch but I reckon it'd be a bit heavy to lift.

I pondered whether it would fit in my fridge before coming to the realization that I wouldn't have a hope in hell of lifting it without a forklift! The usual 23ltr-ish brew kills my back every time as it is.
afromaiko

Return to Bargain bin