25% off Stock Pots at Kmart (only some stores?)

Spread the word about cheap beer, or homebrewing equipment and supplies. Found something of interest on eBay? Post it here.

25% off Stock Pots at Kmart (only some stores?)

Postby afromaiko » Saturday Dec 16, 2006 8:05 am

Went to Parkmore Kmart in Melbourne last night and they at 25% off all stock pots. Stainless steel, but thin with only spot-welded handles and no reinforced base unfortunately... metal lid. Largest size they had on the shelf was 15 ltr.. which discounted to about $15. Not many left, but might be handy for someone making kits.

However I went to Southland Kmart the day before and they didn't have any discount so it might not be everywhere.

I was about to buy one, but thought I'd have a look in BigW in Parkmore while I was there.. picked up a 19 ltr stainless (same quality but with glass lid) for only $20. If it only lasts a year doesn't matter, get another! Hopefully won't burn the wort though with such a thin base, just have to be careful.
afromaiko

Postby DarkFaerytale » Saturday Dec 16, 2006 8:53 am

sounds like i'v got the same pot afromaiko lucky for me my room mate works at big W parkmore (i live just around the corner from it) so i got an extra 5% off ;) i'v done at least 10 brews in it so far and it's still going strong.

-Phill

EDIT: forgot to add that i move the pot around on the stove top every 5-10 mins to help prevent scorching, havn't had it happen yet
DarkFaerytale

Return to Bargain bin