Grolsh swingtops on Ebay -

Spread the word about cheap beer, or homebrewing equipment and supplies. Found something of interest on eBay? Post it here.

Grolsh swingtops on Ebay -

Postby Rysa » Sunday Jun 10, 2007 9:03 pm

Last edited by Rysa on Thursday Jun 21, 2007 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rysa

Postby Paramidget » Sunday Jun 10, 2007 9:31 pm

Way too xpensive! Got mine for 50c each.
Ian

To err is human - to drink beer is Life!
Paramidget

Postby Rysa » Thursday Jun 21, 2007 10:53 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... &rd=1&rd=1

Anyone is Melbs that wants cheap schwingtops.
Rysa

Postby Bill100727 » Friday Jun 22, 2007 1:14 pm

Grolsch bottles, know them well, they used to be 500ml, some years ago now, but I do remember when they made them smaller, it was a very surrupticious move, they kept the price the same though..! yes, I reckon that 50c is fair enough, that's what I flogged mine off at, anyone that lives local can send me a message, I have some twist top longies going cheap. Oh, the pork pies, http://bill.whicker.googlepages.com
Aussie can't seem to get it into his head, that a meat pie doesn't have to be hot
Cheers,
Bill.
I am 80 years young coming up July, I make a top pork pie, something Aussie hasn't quite discovered yet, now is there anything that goes better with a schooner..!..? and a gerkin of course.
Cheers,
Bill.
Bill100727

Postby Rysa » Friday Jun 22, 2007 10:14 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Swing-Top-Wine-S ... dZViewItem

Just found these, didn't look into it too much (don't know how many they have) but could be an alternative for some.

And anyone willing to pay the price there are quite a few swingtops if you just search under grolsh in ebay.
Rysa

Postby Bill100727 » Friday Jun 22, 2007 10:50 pm

Way to go Rysa, I made these once with a pvc collar and fencing wire, to fit screw top long necks, if this bloke works out too expensive, we should be able to find out where they are manufactured, I like it, damn good idea.
Shareholders in bottle caps are not going to be too happy..!
Cheers,
Bill.
I am 80 years young coming up July, I make a top pork pie, something Aussie hasn't quite discovered yet, now is there anything that goes better with a schooner..!..? and a gerkin of course.
Cheers,
Bill.
Bill100727

Postby Kevnlis » Sunday Jul 29, 2007 6:27 pm

I just messaged this guy and asked him to send me 35 samples so that I can do a full batch of 750ml longies. Will let you all know how they go ;)
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby Heals » Tuesday Jul 31, 2007 1:08 pm

Looks like someone else has got some Grolsch bottles up on Ebay - I'd be well keen to bid on them myself but the journey from the Gold Coast to Melbourne is a tad far just to pickup some beer bottles... :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/24-x-GROLSCH-Bee ... dZViewItem
Explore your HOPTIONS!
240+ varieties of hops, expert descriptions, substitutes, beer styles and more. hopslist.com is the largest source of hops info on the web.
Heals

Postby Kevnlis » Sunday Aug 05, 2007 4:16 pm

I bought the "self installed" swingtops off the guy on eBay. They are fairly simple to install but they do not fit the old style longies very well. They are just a bit too big to fit tightly and are forced back open by the pressure of the latch holding the stopper in. I do not see it being a problem because of the nature of the swingtop seal it does not require much pressure on the seal anyway.

My next brew will be bottled with these tops and if they work well I will let you all know!
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Return to Bargain bin