Australian Winemakers Moving Sale

Spread the word about cheap beer, or homebrewing equipment and supplies. Found something of interest on eBay? Post it here.

Australian Winemakers Moving Sale

Postby flosso » Tuesday May 31, 2005 10:13 pm

As I mentioned in a previous post, Australian Winemakers in Fairfeild/Thornbury are soon to be moving to Epping, and I just received a mailout about a moving sale they are having.

Most of the stuff seems to be related to winemaking (strangely enough) however there were a couple of beer-making items as well.

One item that caught my eye was a 330 litre stainless steel tank for $595- I presume that if one were ambitous enough they could use this to make beer en masse?

Something to aspire towards methinks!
flosso

Postby Dogger Dan » Wednesday Jun 01, 2005 2:24 am

Thats not a good price for a moving sale

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby gregb » Wednesday Jun 01, 2005 7:43 am

That is about 400+ long necks.

Have fun on bottling day... 8)

Greg
gregb

Postby Dogger Dan » Wednesday Jun 01, 2005 9:53 am

Greg

Keg dude, keg. Thats only 5 full size(330 to brim normally so ypou would only ferment 270+-), . Pretty sure Evo has a chest fridge to handle that, Where is the guy with 10 taps give him a wake up call.

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby flosso » Wednesday Jun 01, 2005 12:12 pm

I have no idea how much tanks are meant to cost so I naively thought that was a bit of a bargain seeing as it was around $150 off normal price.

Would become quite complicated if you wanted to rack I guess - you'd need 2 of the berthers!!

How would you go about doing that - siphon off the top of the primary I guess?
flosso

Return to Bargain bin