beez neez vs. bee sting

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

which is better?

bee sting
72%
beez neez
28%

Total votes : 29

beez neez vs. bee sting

Postby steve_n » Monday Jan 29, 2007 5:54 pm

i've had this discussion with a fair few people and just curious what everyone thinks is the better beer?

or is there a better honey wheat beer we are yet to experience?
steve_n

Postby Tourist » Monday Jan 29, 2007 6:35 pm

Was never keen on the Neez, but love the Sting - one of my favourite beers!
Tourist

Postby KEG » Monday Jan 29, 2007 6:38 pm

How would you describe the flavour of Bee Sting? I've only hade Neez.. wasn't too impressed.
KEG

Postby Iron-Haggis » Monday Jan 29, 2007 6:40 pm

Bee Sting is the better out of the two. But I prefer the Mildura Brewery Honey Wheat better than both of them.
Punk in Drublic
Iron-Haggis

Postby Tourist » Monday Jan 29, 2007 6:43 pm

I suck at describing flavours. I think BS is lighter bodied that BK and has a nice hop flavour thrown in with the wheat tartness. Honey is noticable but not intrusive. I sound like a beer snob.
Tourist

Postby KEG » Monday Jan 29, 2007 6:48 pm

nothin wrong with that :lol:

i couldn't really notice the honey at all with beez neez, is it more prominent in the bee sting?
KEG

Postby Pale_Ale » Monday Jan 29, 2007 7:25 pm

I get a wax-like coating/mouthfeel from Beez Neez and I quite enjoy it for something different...never tried Bee Sting but must get round to it
Coopers.
Pale_Ale

Postby Ash » Monday Jan 29, 2007 7:32 pm

I didn't mind Beez Neez, I'll have to try Sting then
Ash

Postby Tourist » Monday Jan 29, 2007 8:29 pm

Couldn't compare the two taste-wise, I just know that I like BS a whole lot more. Have had BK once (didn't go back), went back to BS about four or five times, which indicates a good beer for me. I like to "drink around".
Tourist

Postby KEG » Monday Jan 29, 2007 11:33 pm

hence the username :lol:
KEG

Postby velophile » Tuesday Jan 30, 2007 10:10 am

Iron-Haggis wrote:Bee Sting is the better out of the two. But I prefer the Mildura Brewery Honey Wheat better than both of them.

I second that with the following caution.

I tasted the Midura Honey Wheat at the Micro Brewery Showcase (Melb Fed Square). It had soooo much honey flavour it blew my taste buds for the rest of the night. Took several stouts before I could taste anything else & by then I was finished.

It could have been a really fresh batch but I haven't been game to try it again. Honey fans should try it for sure, ie it's a beer for Pooh Bear!
Ride, Drink, Repeat.
velophile

Postby scblack » Tuesday Jan 30, 2007 10:14 am

Only tried BeezNeez once, and won't bother again. Pretty ordinary flavour, and each mouthful seemed like it was from a different bottle.

Did not enjoy it.
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." - Dave Barry.
scblack

Postby Iron-Haggis » Tuesday Jan 30, 2007 11:10 pm

velophile wrote:
Iron-Haggis wrote:Bee Sting is the better out of the two. But I prefer the Mildura Brewery Honey Wheat better than both of them.

I second that with the following caution.

I tasted the Midura Honey Wheat at the Micro Brewery Showcase (Melb Fed Square). It had soooo much honey flavour it blew my taste buds for the rest of the night. Took several stouts before I could taste anything else & by then I was finished.

It could have been a really fresh batch but I haven't been game to try it again. Honey fans should try it for sure, ie it's a beer for Pooh Bear!

The honey flavour in the Mildura Honey Wheat is a lot stronger than in a Bee Sting or Beez Neez. But I did not find the honey overpowering and didn't have any lingering aftertastes of honey.
Punk in Drublic
Iron-Haggis

Postby BierMeister » Thursday Feb 01, 2007 7:27 pm

Bee sting is much better and how they get that floating honey residue effect is beyond me. Couldn't get it with my honey beer. :?
Sounds like Beer O'clock.
BierMeister

Postby Boonie » Sunday Feb 04, 2007 7:29 pm

scblack wrote:Only tried BeezNeez once, and won't bother again. Pretty ordinary flavour, and each mouthful seemed like it was from a different bottle.

Did not enjoy it.

Second that, was all excited about 12 months ago when I purchased first Beez Neez, and then I was extremely disappointed. :cry:

Have not had the "Sting", but after the Neez, not too keen.

Better Honey Brew??, my HB with 1kg of honey, not brilliant, but better.

Cheers

Boonie
A homebrew is like a fart, only the brewer thinks it's great.
Give me a flying headbutt.......
Boonie

Postby Tourist » Sunday Feb 04, 2007 8:27 pm

Boonie wrote:
scblack wrote:Only tried BeezNeez once, and won't bother again. Pretty ordinary flavour, and each mouthful seemed like it was from a different bottle.

Did not enjoy it.

Second that, was all excited about 12 months ago when I purchased first Beez Neez, and then I was extremely disappointed. :cry:

Cheers

Boonie

Seriously - give the Sting a go. Had another one Friday night and I love it, even though I thought the Neez was crap. See what you think, because I can't get enough of the Sting. Let us know.
Tourist

Postby timmy » Monday Feb 05, 2007 6:44 am

I tried a Sting the other night. I couldn't taste the honey in it; all I could taste was the bitterness. But that may have been because I had started on LCPA.

I must admit that since I brewed my own honey beer, I'm not liking Beez Neez that much anymore either.
timmy

Postby Boonie » Monday Feb 05, 2007 12:06 pm

Tourist wrote:
Boonie wrote:

Did not enjoy it.

Cheers

Boonie

Seriously - give the Sting a go. Had another one Friday night and I love it, even though I thought the Neez was crap. See what you think, because I can't get enough of the Sting. Let us know.

Will do.

Just going to pop down to Liquorland and see if they have a stubbie.
A homebrew is like a fart, only the brewer thinks it's great.
Give me a flying headbutt.......
Boonie

Postby scblack » Monday Feb 05, 2007 12:08 pm

Boonie wrote:
Tourist wrote:
Boonie wrote:

Did not enjoy it.

Cheers

Boonie

Will do.

Just going to pop down to Liquorland and see if they have a stubbie.

I'll do the same.
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." - Dave Barry.
scblack

Postby chris. » Tuesday Feb 06, 2007 6:47 pm

Havent tried either in some time.
Atleast I could finish the Beez Neez when I tried it. Nothing special at all but far better than the Sting IMO. I found the Sting way too salty & heavy for my liking.... & the rest of the table's liking too IIRC.
Last edited by chris. on Thursday Oct 11, 2007 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chris.

Next

Return to The beer you buy