Chimay blue.

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Postby corks » Monday Apr 30, 2007 7:10 pm

didnt think it was all that first time, then i decided to try it at the recommended temp. blimey it was good. alas, $8 is hard to justify too often. sucks to be a student sometimes.
corks

Postby hoohaaman » Tuesday May 01, 2007 11:49 pm

Just finished a 750ml bottle of this wonderful brew,for the first time,it was hard to leave enough in the bottle for culturing :D

While I thought the chimay was excellent,my highlight was the Duval.That was probably more due to drinking it first.

Next time i have these two nectars,I will definately have the correct glassware. 8)
hoohaaman

Postby Hip Hops » Monday Dec 24, 2007 6:11 pm

Just to re-hash an old post, I had a Chimay Blue for the first time about a month ago - I bought a 750ml ($18.00 from Dans) fan-bloody-tastic :D well worth the dollars. havn't been able to buy one since, no one stocks it! i went to DM and they told me "out of stock, don't know when we'll get it in again" :cry: , any one else have the same prob? or might know where else to buy it from in Melb?
"For a quart of Ale is a dish for a King."
Hip Hops

Postby James L » Wednesday Jan 02, 2008 11:05 am

You can still get 750ml Chimay Blue (grand reserve) for 13.95 at dan Murphys at Balga in WA... i have 2 in the fridge and planning to get another few soon....

Its a little better than 30 bucks a bottle at the belgian beer cafe on Murray St (my drunk mate blew 120 bucks on 4 of them on a bucks night last november)
I freely admit that I was Very Very Drunk....
"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst."
James L

Previous

Return to The beer you buy