Coopers Special Old Stout

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Coopers Special Old Stout

Postby NTRabbit » Thursday Apr 19, 2007 3:07 pm

Has been deleted from the product lineup by Coopers, according to the International Beer Shop.

I never even got the chance to try it! :(
Het Witte Konijn
NTRabbit

Re: Coopers Special Old Stout

Postby velophile » Thursday Apr 19, 2007 3:31 pm

NTRabbit wrote:Has been deleted from the product lineup by Coopers, according to the International Beer Shop.

I thought the Old Stout was just Best Extra cellared for 12 months? You could do your own.
Ride, Drink, Repeat.
velophile

Postby Oliver » Friday May 11, 2007 4:14 pm

velophile wrote:
NTRabbit wrote:Has been deleted from the product lineup by Coopers, according to the International Beer Shop.

I thought the Old Stout was just Best Extra cellared for 12 months? You could do your own.

Actually, I think it was slightly different. I seem to recall that it had less malt and more sugar to give it a bit lighter body.

But you could certainly cellar some BES for a year and see how it comes up. I've got some BES coming up to 10 years old. I'll have to crack some and see what they're like.

BTW, the Old Stout no longer appears on the Coopers website, so that's a fair indication that it's dead and buried, along with Black Crow, Premium Lager, Light, Lager, Regency Light, Regency Lager, DB, Heritage Ale, Dr Tim's (admittedly just Pale Ale in a can) and Thomas Cooper's Finest Export, to name but a few.

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby Paleman » Wednesday Jan 30, 2008 12:58 pm

Oliver wrote:BTW, the Old Stout no longer appears on the Coopers website, so that's a fair indication that it's dead and buried, along with Black Crow, Premium Lager, Light, Lager, Regency Light, Regency Lager, DB, Heritage Ale, Dr Tim's(admittedly just Pale Ale in a can) and Thomas Cooper's Finest Export, to name but a few.

Cheers,

Oliver

I know this is digging up an old thread Oliver, but Dr Tim's is still widely available. I still pick up the odd carton for just over $30.

Not as nice as Pale Ale in the bottle, or on tap.
" White Wine with Roast Beef ! how dare you ? "..... " I dare because I like it ! " ....Dogger on the meaning of life.
Paleman

Postby Oliver » Wednesday Jan 30, 2008 1:44 pm

Paleman wrote:I know this is digging up an old thread Oliver, but Dr Tim's is still widely available. I still pick up the odd carton for just over $30.

Too many Pales :D

I probably included it because there's no reference to it on the Coopers website, which is strange. Although I have a feeling it's only available widely in SA and in other states only at a few outlets?

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Return to The beer you buy