Another blonde

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Another blonde

Postby tazman67 » Friday Jul 06, 2007 1:26 am

Hi
Anyone tried the Boags Classic Blonde
I think its better than the Carlton..got a bit more hops profile...can taste it but cant pick it out....
I brew the beer I drink
tazman67

Postby Whip » Saturday Jul 07, 2007 4:40 am

Haven't tried it yet, but I have no doubt Boags is better than Carlton...
Whip

Postby Iron-Haggis » Sunday Jul 08, 2007 9:21 pm

Heard that this was coming out, I think it's suppose to hit the mainland in a few months or so.

Does anyone else think that these low carbohydrate beers are a fruad. They have at best 66% the calories of a standard beer. Plus I very much doubt they have all the proteins and minerals that you find in your standard beer.
Punk in Drublic
Iron-Haggis

Postby Turner » Monday Jul 09, 2007 6:56 am

re: lo-carb beers

I haven't tried the cascade or boags, but I've tried pure blonde and super dry. super dry tastes like absolute garbage but pure blonde is drinkable. gives a really bad hangover if you're not careful though. Besides, when it's $40-odd a carton, you might just as well get coopers anyway.
I'm not a fish
I'm a man
Hook in mouth!
Turner

Postby corks » Tuesday Jul 10, 2007 5:24 am

Turner wrote:you might just as well get coopers anyway.

i think that applies to most commercial offerings.
corks

Re:

Postby Oliver » Friday Jan 18, 2008 5:43 pm

Turner wrote:... I've tried pure blonde and super dry. super dry tastes like absolute garbage but pure blonde is drinkable. gives a really bad hangover if you're not careful though.

Here's a clue to the hangover factor: In an article about Cooper's Brewery the other day, one of the Mr Coopers said they had no plans to brew a "lo-carb" beer, due in part to the fact that you need, and I quote, "industrial enzyme" to brew it. Yum :D

No doubt it is also due to the fact that Cooper's is the majority shareholder in Premium Beverages, which distributes Michelob Ultra, which is imported from the US.

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Return to The beer you buy