Golden Ale - inconsistent?

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Postby Will » Tuesday Oct 16, 2007 3:59 pm

Aye, that's the best price for the AA I've come across. The standard is pretty consistent there and at the Regatta Hotel (they microbrew the AA and GA and were the only place in Brissie to get the Hop Thief on tap).

When I go out to other clubs around Bris that happen to serve the AA, that's where I notice the major differences in the brew. I'd say that has a lot to do with those places knowing very little about the drinks they serve.
Will

Postby drsmurto » Thursday Oct 18, 2007 10:23 am

Had a pint on tap last night from The Elephant (big pommy pub).

Really lacking in flavour and aroma. So much so i had to grab my partners pint of TED and make sure i didnt have the wrong one. Seriously disappointing. When i saw it my eyes lit up. Should have taken them up on their offer of a $5 pint of Guinness...... :(

My version on tap is streets ahead of this......

Thankfully the movie (Control) was brilliant and made me forget, albeit temporarily, the let down of a bad pint.
drsmurto

Postby drsmurto » Friday Oct 19, 2007 2:36 pm

And after Wednesday nights debacle i resisted the urge to have a pint of GA with lunch - instead opting for a can of Boddingtons followed by a pint of HofBrau Oktoberfest.....

Public servant lunches. :lol:

Have a carton of JSGA in the shed - might have to chill down few tonight and remind myself how good this beer should be.
drsmurto

Previous

Return to The beer you buy