Pepperjack ale

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Pepperjack ale

Postby banger » Monday Nov 12, 2007 8:41 pm

Another beer that's been made by a winery, seems to be a few out there at present. Found this one at DM's, about $3.69 a stubby I think. Rather nice too, a deep coppery colour, with a taste not dissimilar from JS Amber Ale. Definitely worth a try.
banger

Postby KEG » Monday Nov 12, 2007 9:03 pm

you mean the one that has grape juice in it? i've got some in the fridge, and they're just sitting there... i've drunk a couple, but the rest are emergency-only basically. in my opinion they're very, very different to the amber ale. similar perhaps only in the rich colour - but still not the same.
KEG

Postby sparkious » Tuesday Nov 13, 2007 6:58 pm

I enjoyed this beer , had a similar hoppiness to LCPA and very smooth . The shiraz grape juice isn't overpowering and gives it that reddy colour. I think I read somewhere that the guy from Saltrams wines got the brewer from Matilda Bay ( Rogers ) to help him design the ale. Maybe why it tastes a little similar to the Little Creatures style.
sparkious

Postby Iron-Haggis » Tuesday Nov 13, 2007 9:59 pm

Yeah the beer was jointly made by Saltram's and Matilda Bay. It was only two people in particular, can't remember names.
Punk in Drublic
Iron-Haggis

Re: Pepperjack ale

Postby steve_n » Monday Jan 21, 2008 10:25 am

i tried some of this at the saltrams restaurant. a couple with a steak dinner went very well. doubt i would drink it on its own though.
beer never tells me it's not in the mood.
-----------------------------------------------
PRIMARY:
SECONDARY: autumn ale
BOTTLED: honey wheat ale, first lager
steve_n

Re: Pepperjack ale

Postby Oliver » Tuesday Jan 22, 2008 4:41 pm

Geoff and I reviewed this beer. Three stars from five was our verdict. You can read the review here: http://www.homebrewandbeer.com/reviews.html

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Return to The beer you buy