Beer in America

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Beer in America

Postby Oliver » Sunday Dec 16, 2007 7:02 pm

All,

Further to this post about Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

http://www.homebrewandbeer.com/forum/vi ... php?t=6851

I thought you might be interested in these photos of the beer fridge at a supermarket in Tiburon, California, which is just over the bay from San Francisco.

If you want to see a picture that you can zoom in on and check out the labels and prices, click on this link:

http://www.homebrewandbeer.com/forumpic ... ketbig.jpg

You may notice in the top left-hand corner Foster's Special Bitter! This hasn't been available in Australia for, well, years. If you were going to drink a light beer, this was always my choice.

The most beautiful thing about this photo is that there's not a Bud in sight!

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby Kevnlis » Sunday Dec 16, 2007 7:12 pm

Actually Cali has some of the best Bud in the world ;)

Good pic though, thanks for the teasing reminder!
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby Iron-Haggis » Sunday Dec 16, 2007 8:57 pm

$8.49 for a six pack of Sierra Nevada, what a rip off. I remember I picked it up for $7.99 when I was in Arizona a year ago. Picked up a 6 pack of Coopers Stout for $8.99 there too.
Punk in Drublic
Iron-Haggis

Postby Tipsy » Tuesday Dec 18, 2007 7:13 pm

If you could bring me back one of each.

Thanks
Tipsy

Postby KEG » Tuesday Dec 18, 2007 11:01 pm

LOL at "Arrogant Bastard Ale". I want to try it, based on name alone.
KEG

Postby Kevnlis » Wednesday Dec 19, 2007 6:52 am

Oh I just saw Spaten down the end, under the Heineken keg cans (which are between to the Fosters and Newcastle Brown). I wonder if it is "brewed under license"? :P
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Re: Beer in America

Postby Snowdog » Saturday Feb 16, 2008 4:45 pm

Oliver wrote:All,

Further to this post about Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

viewtopic.php?t=6851

I thought you might be interested in these photos of the beer fridge at a supermarket in Tiburon, California, which is just over the bay from San Francisco.

If you want to see a picture that you can zoom in on and check out the labels and prices, click on this link:

http://www.homebrewandbeer.com/forumpic ... ketbig.jpg

You may notice in the top left-hand corner Foster's Special Bitter! This hasn't been available in Australia for, well, years. If you were going to drink a light beer, this was always my choice.

The most beautiful thing about this photo is that there's not a Bud in sight!

Cheers,

Oliver

No, the bud/Miller/Coors is farther down or farther up just out of the pic. :wink: Speaking of 'bud', I see they have Lost Coast Great White and Downtown Brown, but no Indica
Reminds me of grocery stores in Washington state. On the top shelf to the far left, there is a blue carton of Alaskan Winter Ale sticking out! Yum! 2 Below 12 packs! Yum yum! Arrogant Bastard! ... because yellow fizzy beer is for wussies!
Fosters.. what America thinks is Aussie beer, imported from Canada. Fosters Bitter, in the colour scheme of VB... still brewed in Canada.
On prices.. I believe the posted price is before sales tax, which depending on what county you are in can range from 5 to 10%.... :|
Snowdog

Return to The beer you buy