$450 a stubbie...

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

$450 a stubbie...

Postby MOFO » Wednesday Jan 30, 2008 4:00 pm

I think they actually doubt the pull of beer - I think there will be a queue for this... sure it's over-priced, and a gimmick, but $450 for a beer isnt unheard of - and it all comes down to the market. They are right, if people pay $10K for a champers, why wouldnt someone pay $450 for a beer? I am over people thinking that beer is inferior to wine... they are similar in a lot of ways... raw ingredients, fermentation, bottling....

http://www.smh.com.au/news/good-living/ ... 02485.html
MOFO

Re: $450 a stubbie...

Postby lethaldog » Wednesday Jan 30, 2008 6:11 pm

I can tell ya that this little black duck will never ever pay that much for a beer :wink:
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Postby Boonie » Wednesday Jan 30, 2008 7:25 pm

lethaldog wrote:I can tell ya that this little black duck will never ever pay that much for a beer :wink:

Me neither Daffy :wink: .........

The dearest "Stubbie" I have purchased at a Bottlo, was a Tripel Karmeliet at $8.oo each.....one for me and one for my mate, he hated it, so I had 2 :D

Dunno what my max would be, definitely not $450. Not good to ask HB'ers as we all know how much it actually costs to make a decent beer.

Surely only a wanker would be sitting there sipping one saying "This Carlsberg was stored yada yada yada and costs yada" all the while holding his pinky outwards from the glass... :lol: ....well, a wanker in my eyes, but if he wanted to share, he's a great bloke :P

Cheers

Boonie
A homebrew is like a fart, only the brewer thinks it's great.
Give me a flying headbutt.......
Boonie

Postby Tipsy » Wednesday Jan 30, 2008 10:21 pm

shit....I'm aliitle drunk
I was thinking $4.50 isn't that much for as stubby :roll: I had to re read
Tipsy

Postby James L » Thursday Jan 31, 2008 9:05 am

Yeh 8 bucks is about the same for me... you can get most of the 330ml belgian specialties for about that... i did buy a 250ml bottle of saison dupont for 5.40 but ends up about the same price per volume... And the larger bottles of beer, although they are more expensive, they are cheaper per volume.

the most expensive beer that i have seen with my own two eyes (and not in a magazine/book), was a bottle of DEUS... aparently it tastes just like champagne but is beer... and that was 50 bucks a bottle (750ml).. Its at the liquor store just up the road...
I freely admit that I was Very Very Drunk....
"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst."
James L

Return to The beer you buy