Toohey's New in the US

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Re: Toohey's New in the US

Postby Ryan L » Wednesday Apr 09, 2008 3:37 pm

AHAHAHAHAHA...

I was in Sydney the other week at a conference, and at the end of the day there was drinks and food etc... I downed about 18 stubbies in 2.5 hours! I was wrecked, I can't believe they let me on the plane to get back to Brisbane...no I can believe that... Then just the other day I had a few scooners of it at a pub, the next day I had headaches, gut pains, dissyness, the lot! Not sure what went wrong... It even tasted a bit like sullage water too! I'm sorry, I will never touch the stuff again unless it's the end of the world and I know I'm going to die a horrible death...

Also Toohey's Old...well...Err... I wont break the magic but I think I'd prefer a guinness instead... I know the old is not a stout but it just has no flavour, except bitchemen... :)

Get some Coopers in the USA!

Regards,

Ryan
"Champion Guinness Drinker"
Ryan L

Postby petesbrew » Wednesday Apr 09, 2008 3:48 pm

I was at Canterbury races on the weekend and all to be had was New, Hahn Light, Extra Dry and Heineken. (plus the usual bubbly, tart fuel & bourbon/coke cans).
When I asked if there was any Old avail, a clown behind the bar offered to look for an out of date stubby for me. :evil:

New was the only logical choice. I just put my tastebuds aside and concentrated on the talent at the trackside.
:wink:
petesbrew

Postby Ryan L » Wednesday Apr 09, 2008 3:53 pm

petesbrew wrote:I was at Canterbury races on the weekend and all to be had was New, Hahn Light, Extra Dry and Heineken. (plus the usual bubbly, tart fuel & bourbon/coke cans).

Oh my lord... :(

You should of a least chosen the Heineken...! :roll:

>R
Ryan L

Postby petesbrew » Thursday Apr 10, 2008 8:14 am

Ryan L wrote:
petesbrew wrote:I was at Canterbury races on the weekend and all to be had was New, Hahn Light, Extra Dry and Heineken. (plus the usual bubbly, tart fuel & bourbon/coke cans).

Oh my lord... :(

You should of a least chosen the Heineken...! :roll:

>R

Heineken is brewed locally these days anyway, and tastes pretty foul to me. I used to like it when I was younger (and it was imported?), but my tastes have changed.
And the spare $2 went on an each way bet. Huge winnings hey? hehe
At least I had some homebrew waiting back at my mates place for later.
petesbrew

Postby Ryan L » Thursday Apr 10, 2008 10:20 am

petesbrew wrote:Heineken is brewed locally these days anyway, and tastes pretty foul to me. I used to like it when I was younger (and it was imported?), but my tastes have changed.
And the spare $2 went on an each way bet. Huge winnings hey? hehe
At least I had some homebrew waiting back at my mates place for later.

That's a very good point, a pitty it's not imported...but then there would be the imported costs too...

Enjoy your winnings... :)

Cheers,

Ryan
Ryan L

Previous

Return to The beer you buy