Grolsch.

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Grolsch.

Postby Paleman » Wednesday Apr 09, 2008 5:54 pm

Tried my first one, poured into a glass from the 473 ML swingtop bottle.

Thick on the palate for a lager, but very tasty, classy. Grainy and hoppy.

Nice beer, but i wouldn't buy it again. Lots of beer around of the same quality, that are cheaper.
" White Wine with Roast Beef ! how dare you ? "..... " I dare because I like it ! " ....Dogger on the meaning of life.
Paleman

Re: Grolsch.

Postby KEG » Wednesday Apr 09, 2008 11:09 pm

i don't mind Grolsch..

i'd like to replicate that 'grainy' element in my beers... some people don't seem to be a fan of it, preferring the more malty caramel-ey notes that the grain can give, but I like the raw grainy character of Grolsch, Heineken, etc. Just trying to work out what grains I can use with only a steep to do so - any ideas people? Was thinking lots of carapils, but might need to go one step darker... dunno.
KEG

Postby Kevnlis » Thursday Apr 10, 2008 8:50 am

KEG wrote:i don't mind Grolsch..

i'd like to replicate that 'grainy' element in my beers... some people don't seem to be a fan of it, preferring the more malty caramel-ey notes that the grain can give, but I like the raw grainy character of Grolsch, Heineken, etc. Just trying to work out what grains I can use with only a steep to do so - any ideas people? Was thinking lots of carapils, but might need to go one step darker... dunno.

Have you tried Melanoidin? A bit of Caramunich I perhaps?
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby rwh » Thursday Apr 10, 2008 10:11 am

Or caraaroma or biscuit.
w00t!
rwh

Return to The beer you buy