Other topics - beer-related or not.

Re: Camping Anyone?

Postby rotten » Saturday Jun 04, 2011 10:38 pm

Very nice RUM
Beer numbs all zombies !!!
rotten

Postby earle » Monday Jun 06, 2011 9:02 am

Looks like it will do the job very nicely. Bit more info here http://www.aussietrailers.com.au/index.html :)
earle

Postby RUM57L » Friday Jul 08, 2011 8:49 am

Last weekend went camping in swags for an overnighter in the lovely little spot known as Wee Jasper.. near Yass, NSW.
Spent saturday trying something new with my father in law ..ferreting rabbits.. with alot of success.
Picked a lovely little spot near the Burrinjuck Dam and listened the the fish jump... cooked a bbq and had a couple of beers, non HB :(

Ventured across the bridge and into The Stables Tavern at approx 5pm where we were met by a happy publican, a warm fire and a lovely looking pub. This pub was originally the police cells back in the 1880's

Nothing special on tap as you can imagine .. some bottles of Heineken and Becks in the fridge... so we settled on schooners of victorias best .. $4.50 a pop but we earnt it.

Spent the next day hunting and kicken ourselves for not brining our rods as there was plenty of action in the waters..

Lovely spot - We didnt camp in the camping area but i did check it out and there is showers + toilets etc..

Highly recommended.
RUM57L

Postby Sonny » Friday Jul 08, 2011 10:33 am

Nice report Rum. I used to go there for bike rallies years ago, pre-family time days. I don't remember toilets and showers back then in the '90's, but we weren't about showers back then and we were drunk soon after arrival as well. Arhh bike mates, they're great.

Sounds like a beaut spot, may have to give it a go with the family sometime. What about the caves? I sort of remember caves.

I also want to go up the Bendethra when it warms a bit. Ya wanna be in on it too?
http://forums.bikeme.tv/
the copper said that he'd 'been waiting all day for me to come along', I replied I got here as faaaast as I could!
Sonny

Postby earle » Friday Jul 08, 2011 10:55 am

RUM57L wrote:Last weekend went camping in swags for an overnighter in the lovely little spot known as Wee Jasper.. near Yass, NSW.
Spent saturday trying something new with my father in law ..ferreting rabbits.. with alot of success.
Picked a lovely little spot near the Burrinjuck Dam and listened the the fish jump... cooked a bbq and had a couple of beers, non HB :(

Ventured across the bridge and into The Stables Tavern at approx 5pm where we were met by a happy publican, a warm fire and a lovely looking pub. This pub was originally the police cells back in the 1880's

Nothing special on tap as you can imagine .. some bottles of Heineken and Becks in the fridge... so we settled on schooners of victorias best .. $4.50 a pop but we earnt it.

Spent the next day hunting and kicken ourselves for not brining our rods as there was plenty of action in the waters..

Lovely spot - We didnt camp in the camping area but i did check it out and there is showers + toilets etc..

Highly recommended.

Sounds great but as the say on myswag.org ' 'this thread is worthless without pics' :D
earle

Postby RUM57L » Friday Jul 08, 2011 11:03 am

I agree & i have some nice shots on the camera too, my laptop is in for repairs and wont be back until monday ... I'll post some pics then..
RUM57L

Postby RUM57L » Friday Jul 08, 2011 11:06 am

Sonny wrote:Nice report Rum. I used to go there for bike rallies years ago, pre-family time days. I don't remember toilets and showers back then in the '90's, but we weren't about showers back then and we were drunk soon after arrival as well. Arhh bike mates, they're great.

Sounds like a beaut spot, may have to give it a go with the family sometime. What about the caves? I sort of remember caves.

I also want to go up the Bendethra when it warms a bit. Ya wanna be in on it too?

Hi Sonny,

The careys caves are only open during the week 9am - 5pm i think the sign said.. so perhaps during the warmer holidays it could be a go-er..

Our little group is looking at pigeon house mountain in a few weeks .. then up to Coffs possibly later this year but i'm now dependant on selling my hilux and getting something that the little one can fit. When were you thinking of heading to Bendethera?
RUM57L

Postby Sonny » Friday Jul 08, 2011 5:12 pm

RUM57L wrote: When were you thinking of heading to Bendethera?

Not sure yet, I reckon the earliest would be October Long weekend.
I have a cousin and family that has 2 young girls, and a mate named Jim and his family being older girl and boy, and my family two big knuckleheads. Jim has been there, none of us others have. I know the ladies would like it to warm up a little first and I'm prepared to take a day or two's leave even.
http://forums.bikeme.tv/
the copper said that he'd 'been waiting all day for me to come along', I replied I got here as faaaast as I could!
Sonny

Postby RUM57L » Monday Jul 11, 2011 1:32 pm

I was there last oct and it wasnt too bad, very easy 4wding this time around.

Truck now for sale if anyone wants it.

Earle ... i'll post the pics up this afternoon of the ferretting adventures
RUM57L

Postby RUM57L » Monday Jul 11, 2011 9:47 pm

so got some pics of the weekend before last.. stand back.

RUM57L

Postby earle » Tuesday Jul 12, 2011 8:37 am

Looks great Rum, that is an awesome BBQ as well.
earle

Postby RUM57L » Tuesday Jul 12, 2011 9:03 am

Cheers Earle,
Thats the father in laws rig.. that BBQ is a talking point everywhere we go.
I tried my hand at taking some panoramic shots with our new dig camera.. anywho.. lovely spot down that way and i'm sure i'll be back
RUM57L

Postby speedie » Wednesday Jul 27, 2011 10:47 pm

hay rum does your rig run on gas/diesel
do you shoot or snare your quarry
speedie

Postby RUM57L » Thursday Jul 28, 2011 10:46 am

Speedie,

That trucks not mine but my father in laws, its a TD 4.2L
RUM57L