How did you come up with your user name?

Other topics - beer-related or not.

Re: How did you come up with your user name?

Postby squirt in the turns » Thursday Mar 31, 2011 2:05 pm

I was buying replacement fins for my surfboard (those damn rocks at Burleigh Heads!) and the shopkeep was explaining the purpose of the inside fin surface being foiled, the benefit being that you get more "squirt in the turns". I was sold, and I guess the phrase stuck in my head as it resurfaced when I was racking my brain for a user name.

So, do we have a thread where we can learn about each others avatars?
squirt in the turns

Postby barrelboy » Thursday Mar 31, 2011 3:01 pm

I'm really pleased you clarified that as I thought it was to do with drinking and S bends in toilets, sorry but I did find it funny. :lol: "barrelboy" not what you'd think either although a part of my anatomy would most certainly qualify. Many moons ago I enjoyed a port but didn't have a barrel. Well within side a month one was given to me, I won one in a raffle at the pub and one was presented to me when a left a particular place of employment. After that friends just called me barrel or barrelboy. Even those I meet and don't know the story would think otherwise, I don't mind one bit.
Cheers BB
A barrel a day keeps the doctor away. Drink more piss.
barrelboy

Postby big dave » Friday Apr 01, 2011 4:20 pm

Nice Squirt

I also thought it might be a scratchy bowel kind of affair, so the clarification is well made :lol:

Mine - shouldn't be hard to nut out. (6'3" and 115kg if yer really stuck....)
Currently drinking: BIAB DrS GA, BIAB Californian lager, doppelbock of sorts
In the Pipeline: landlord?
big dave

Postby Sonny » Friday Apr 01, 2011 5:36 pm

The names Mark, and Sonny is my middle name.

T'was supposed to be named Sonny after the BonyM song but Mum wouldn't allow Dad to name me that. So I got it as my middle name, and I find Mark so boring.
My good mates call me Sonny and so do you guys.
http://forums.bikeme.tv/
the copper said that he'd 'been waiting all day for me to come along', I replied I got here as faaaast as I could!
Sonny

Postby bullfrog » Saturday Apr 02, 2011 9:46 am

This is the time of year when the JW's are out door-knocking in force - don't let on to them that your first name is Mark, Sonny. I've made the mistake before of telling them my name is Jeremiah and it doubles the length of the conversation as they chat about who had your name in the bible and what they did!
bullfrog

Postby warra48 » Saturday Apr 02, 2011 9:55 am

bullfrog wrote:This is the time of year when the JW's are out door-knocking in force - don't let on to them that your first name is Mark, Sonny. I've made the mistake before of telling them my name is Jeremiah and it doubles the length of the conversation as they chat about who had your name in the bible and what they did!

This is how I deal with JW callers:

"We shoot every 3rd JW caller.
The 2nd one just left"
warra48

Postby bullfrog » Saturday Apr 02, 2011 10:18 am

I actually like getting into conversation with them, when I have the time. Announcing that I'm an atheist always gets them into "conversion" mode and they always use the exact same arguments, as if they'd learned them all by wrote from the same source. Knowing exactly what an opponent in a debate is going to say next makes it all too easy to have a lot of fun with it all!
bullfrog

Postby warra48 » Saturday Apr 02, 2011 10:48 am

bullfrog wrote:I actually like getting into conversation with them, when I have the time. Announcing that I'm an atheist always gets them into "conversion" mode and they always use the exact same arguments, as if they'd learned them all by wrote from the same source. Knowing exactly what an opponent in a debate is going to say next makes it all too easy to have a lot of fun with it all!

Actually, my previous post was obviously tongue in cheek.
In fact, I'm the treasurer of our church, and quite enjoy getting into a conversation with them. Eventually, they realise I can debate theological issues as well as they can. That's when I tell them my role in our church, and that I'm not about to convert to JW. They never seem to accept my offer to attend our church, to check it out for themselves.
warra48

Postby bullfrog » Saturday Apr 02, 2011 10:53 am

warra48 wrote:
bullfrog wrote:I actually like getting into conversation with them, when I have the time. Announcing that I'm an atheist always gets them into "conversion" mode and they always use the exact same arguments, as if they'd learned them all by wrote from the same source. Knowing exactly what an opponent in a debate is going to say next makes it all too easy to have a lot of fun with it all!

Actually, my previous post was obviously tongue in cheek.
In fact, I'm the treasurer of our church, and quite enjoy getting into a conversation with them. Eventually, they realise I can debate theological issues as well as they can. That's when I tell them my role in our church, and that I'm not about to convert to JW. They never seem to accept my offer to attend our church, to check it out for themselves.

It is funny that they are so ready to debate these days, though. Growing up, all my father would have to say is "we're born again Christians" and they'd just about be running for the hills to get away, presumably as they'd have absolutely no hope in converting us. I've offered to lend them Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion on more than one occasion and they've never taken me up on the offer.

It does all make me wonder just exactly how effective their door-knocking campaigns are.
bullfrog

Postby billybushcook » Monday Apr 04, 2011 7:57 am

warra48 wrote:This is how I deal with JW callers:

"We shoot every 3rd JW caller.
The 2nd one just left"

Funny thing that Warra,

When I was a teenager, my self & a friend were sitting on the front step at his family's house in town (I grew up in the bush)
& I was cleaning my air riffle while watching the JW's doing the rounds in the rest of the street.

I never could understand why they didn't come over & try to convert us too? :D :D :D :D

Cheers, Mick.
Home brew my Arse, get that Shit to forensics!
billybushcook

Postby SuperBroo » Tuesday Apr 05, 2011 4:49 pm

Neighbours lovely wife is Filipino lady,

she just says 'no speak english, cleaning lady' and they leave...

wish i could do the same :)
SuperBroo

Postby Fifey » Tuesday Apr 05, 2011 7:08 pm

My lot of door knockers are a cute tiny Finnish couple that spend most of the time asking how my sister is or how I'm going to without it leading on to any preaching. The only time I've had trouble is when they were out en masse and had some other bloke with them.

As for my user name my last name is Fife. Nothing interesting at all.
Fifey

Postby Bubble » Friday Apr 08, 2011 10:05 pm

I just love the sound of the old airlock doing it's stuff, pervy but cool :lol:
BEER IS LIKE A QUIET WOMAN
Bubble

Postby rotten » Friday Apr 08, 2011 10:13 pm

Bubble wrote:I just love the sound of the old airlock doing it's stuff, pervy but cool :lol:

If you used cling wrap you could have called yourself 'clingy' :lol:

That can be like a quite woman too!! (re sig)
Beer numbs all zombies !!!
rotten

Previous

Return to General discussion