Hello from Tassie

Other topics - beer-related or not.

Hello from Tassie

Postby Numb-Nut » Monday Mar 07, 2011 7:19 am

Hello everyone, found your forum yesterday by a simple google search. Never been in the position to consider home brewing before (where I live, logistics etc) but we are moving house around the end of the month and it has a massive shed so I will have the room to do what I want (I also have 3 daughters so I will be in the shed lot) Do not know the first thing about home brewing except it tastes nice so I'll have a look around your forums and see what I can discover.
Numb-Nut

Re: Hello from Tassie

Postby warra48 » Monday Mar 07, 2011 7:39 am

Welcome, Numb-Nut. Hope you enjoy the forum.

This was also the first forum I came across when I started brewing again 4 years ago.
I'm sure you'll need to change your name before long to something like Clever-Nut, after you've absorbed the wisdom from this forum!
warra48

Re: Hello from Tassie

Postby Oliver » Monday Mar 07, 2011 9:42 am

Hi NN,

Welcome! I like to think that a good starting point for you would be to have a good read through the "stickies" at the top of the Making beer forum, such as Basic brewing instructions and Simple things to make HB better.

From reading these threads you'll see that it's very easy to make good beer at home, and with a little extra effort you'll be able to make some excellent brews.

There are some "secrets", but they're all revealed in those stickies.

You'll also find that the search function is invaluable.

And, of course, if you have any questions that are not answered by the stickies or a search, feel free to post.

Happy brewing.

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Return to General discussion