2011 Xmas in July Lotto Draw

Other topics - beer-related or not.

Re: 2011 Xmas in July Lotto Draw

Postby Fifey » Sunday Jul 03, 2011 11:12 am

Bugger! Give us a fortnight and It'll be in the bottle.
Fifey

Postby Sonny » Sunday Jul 03, 2011 10:24 pm

No Way! I'm estatic.
Wow man! I don't know what to say?

Thanks to mum, dad, Mrs Brown, the other entrants, etc etc.

I'll get to you guys as I can, thanks.
http://forums.bikeme.tv/
the copper said that he'd 'been waiting all day for me to come along', I replied I got here as faaaast as I could!
Sonny

Postby barls » Sunday Jul 03, 2011 10:48 pm

bugger i didnt win, oh well any chance i can get you to drop by and pick up your bottle from my place its just down the road at denistone east.
barls

Postby Sonny » Sunday Jul 03, 2011 10:55 pm

I'm stunned.
Like who gets this opportunity to try so much beer from some great brewers expressing their own great tastes without the market demands overcoming it.
Sensational!
the copper said that he'd 'been waiting all day for me to come along', I replied I got here as faaaast as I could!
Sonny

Postby Sonny » Sunday Jul 03, 2011 11:14 pm

Address' away.
If I missed anyone, please PM me so as I know that there is 'even more' beer.
Sonny

Postby barrelboy » Monday Jul 04, 2011 6:18 am

Congratulations Sonny, am I jealous, sure am :) but well done. Brew on way in 2 weeks time. ( Got your address ok ).
Cheers BB
A barrel a day keeps the doctor away. Drink more piss.
barrelboy

Postby earle » Monday Jul 04, 2011 6:50 am

Hey Sonny - Choice of golden ale, belgian brown (turned out similarish to Grimbergen) or a Black Sheep clone (bottled on Saturday but tasted pretty good from the fermenter). Let me know and I'll pop it in the post.

Cheers
Earle
earle

Postby Sonny » Monday Jul 04, 2011 8:58 am

earle wrote:Hey Sonny - Choice of golden ale, belgian brown (turned out similarish to Grimbergen) or a Black Sheep clone (bottled on Saturday but tasted pretty good from the fermenter). Let me know and I'll pop it in the post.

Cheers
Earle

Thanks guys, there are a few providing me a choice in beer, particularly Barls and his exotic brewery.

To give you guys an idea, in commercial stuff I like Tooheys Old and Coopers Dark. I enjoy hoppy beers as well like, JS Golden ale, Murrays Whale ale, I also like malty beers like Coopers Vintage and IPA's, particularly now in winter.
I am not experienced with the foreign beers and traditionally brewed specials like Braggots, even Grimbergen etc. No I probably couldn't drink a cyser or a sour though Barls. In fact I still haven't tried anything that exotic.
I am a bit of a special beer virgin really. I love drinking Bullfrogs BIAB beers, so any AG specials are going to be a treat I reckon.
I still consider myself a tin brewer, so the entire drinking time coming up I am looking at as a learning experience really.

So beer is good, dark and malty or golden with aroma. Preferrably not overly bitter and really do people actually make sour beer? Why?

So yes, if you send it I'll drink it and give my full attention to your work.
Sure I can only provide feedback based upon my palate as above, but essentially in the spirit of the game I am happy to try the beers that you want me to try.

Hope this helps some what.
Sonny

Postby barls » Monday Jul 04, 2011 10:52 am

well answered mate, got just the right one here i think a smoked schwartz (black lager)
barls

Postby squirt in the turns » Monday Jul 04, 2011 1:03 pm

Congrats Sonny, can't say I'm not jealous! :D

Sonny wrote:So beer is good, dark and malty or golden with aroma. Preferrably not overly bitter...

I believe I have something in the works that will meet these criteria: whichever turns out best out of the 2 clones of Timothy Taylor Landlord I'm currently fermenting. I'll be bottling in a couple of weeks - sorry I don't have anything bottled right now that I'm particularly proud of. What is your preference for carbonation? Let me know (in desired volumes of CO2 :wink: ).
squirt in the turns

Postby Sonny » Monday Jul 04, 2011 5:05 pm

squirt in the turns wrote:Congrats Sonny, can't say I'm not jealous! :D
What is your preference for carbonation? Let me know (in desired volumes of CO2 :wink: ).

Thanks mate, but as for carbonation???

Are you kidding? I have no idea. Some of mine are more bubbly than others, some just have no bubbles at all.

Doesn't beer have specific volumes desired for each style?
Gee, I am so lucky and you buggers must be thinking that your feeding the large gorilla cavier? hahaha

Volume of CO2?
That's very old hat mate, I count my bubbles ascending rate to the per minute mark, gives me a much more accurate measurement of carbonation.
You should try it, but you will require a very quiet room with no distractions. :lol:
Sonny

Postby RUM57L » Monday Jul 04, 2011 6:04 pm

Wel Done Sonny,

pm sent to ya
RUM57L

Postby rotten » Monday Jul 04, 2011 7:52 pm

Congratulations Sonny.

You will have to wait a bit for mine mate, in the middle of a massive overhaul. Man Cave, Bar, Kegerator, gas fired keggle. Sorry was I just drooling :)~
Anyways, first brew back will be a robust porter. Gonna ease back into it :lol:
Cheers

P.S. think of me whilst you sample these beers you have won, I'm drinking Tooheys New, from a can :(
Beer numbs all zombies !!!
rotten

Postby Sonny » Monday Jul 04, 2011 8:12 pm

rotten wrote:Congratulations Sonny.

You will have to wait a bit for mine mate, ................ I'm drinking Tooheys New, from a can :(

Oh shit dude.
I can wait for a man's life to return from the very depths of a world of shit. No worries at all.

Gee, guys, maybe we could do a whip around and get the man a case of VB or something, surely?
Sonny

Postby squirt in the turns » Monday Jul 04, 2011 8:42 pm

Sonny wrote:
squirt in the turns wrote:Congrats Sonny, can't say I'm not jealous! :D
What is your preference for carbonation? Let me know (in desired volumes of CO2 :wink: ).

Thanks mate, but as for carbonation???

Are you kidding? I have no idea. Some of mine are more bubbly than others, some just have no bubbles at all.

Doesn't beer have specific volumes desired for each style?
Gee, I am so lucky and you buggers must be thinking that your feeding the large gorilla cavier? hahaha

Volume of CO2?
That's very old hat mate, I count my bubbles ascending rate to the per minute mark, gives me a much more accurate measurement of carbonation.
You should try it, but you will require a very quiet room with no distractions. :lol:

Haha, yeah, I was joking. I'll be aiming for medium/low carbonation, true to style. So, in modern terms, 132 bubbles/min.
Last edited by squirt in the turns on Monday Jul 04, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
squirt in the turns

Postby Fifey » Monday Jul 04, 2011 10:37 pm

Hey, mine's in secondary, it's a Choccy Stout. It'll get to you in 2 1/2 weeks or so, but will need a bit of time to carb up.

Didn't end up as high gravity as I'd hoped, got a stuck mash and over did the batch sparge. So it's not as huge as I had hoped for, more average. Still nice though, I'm pleased. I was a bit worried with the mid section, but now it's conditioning on cocoa nibs it's filled out nicely.
Fifey

Postby Sonny » Tuesday Jul 05, 2011 7:48 am

Oh yeh Fifey. I love chocolate!
Youngs double choc is a sure favourite of mine.

This surely is beaut.
Sonny

Postby Sonny » Thursday Jul 07, 2011 12:38 pm

It's started. Apparently, a beer has been delivered to my door today.
It appears to be from Dapto, NSW. Thanks Rum, I reckon that'll be your contrubution. Thank you.

Will I drink it at will, or leave this one a bit?
Sonny

Postby Tipsy » Thursday Jul 07, 2011 1:38 pm

G'day Sonny,
Will get a bottle of Irish Red off today.
Haven't tasted them yet so let's both keep our fingers crossed!
Tipsy

Postby Sonny » Thursday Jul 07, 2011 2:13 pm

Tipsy wrote:G'day Sonny,
Will get a bottle of Irish Red off today.
Haven't tasted them yet so let's both keep our fingers crossed!

This is going to be one hell of an experience!
Thanks Tipsy. You can ride up on the bike with it and have a beer with me if you'd prefer.
Sonny

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion