shutout

Other topics - beer-related or not.

shutout

Postby speedie » Sunday Apr 17, 2011 11:22 pm

i have total admiration for the staff that run this forum
there is tolerance and balance in what is let through to the keeper
i no that there has been so malice regarding my presents here but that is all tongue and cheek
i do hope that you can see i am not trying to ram anything down anyones throat
thanks again speedie
ps the other site has put a total ban on my posts
speedie

Re: shutout

Postby Sonny » Monday Apr 18, 2011 5:15 pm

I find this quite funny Speedie. They couldn't handle you there, so they banned you. (?)

I belong to a motorcycle forum where there is only the one with the superubermoderating powers, or whatever it is that he says he possess'. He does not ban, shut out or close anyones account. He believes in free speech, but you must be able to back up any claim that you may post.
Also, whatever you post, you must be willing to say to the persons face. Because we do meet.
If not you can be met, as IP address' and email address' etc are traceable.

The members of the site recognise d#@%heads immediately, (we can say swear words there) and they are outed to the world for being such. In time those who do not belong, soon enough just run away in total fear.

I think the boys here are allowing the same???

I find your posts and the replies that you receive entertaining. I really have absolutely no idea what you are talking about most of the time, yet this does not bother me.

Three cheers for still being here dude. ;-)
http://forums.bikeme.tv/
the copper said that he'd 'been waiting all day for me to come along', I replied I got here as faaaast as I could!
Sonny

Postby warra48 » Monday Apr 18, 2011 5:37 pm

This forum is more gentle in the manner which members approach issues, and ribbing/disagreement/strong argument etc is generally dealt with in a more civil and/or tongue-in-cheek manner.

The other forum seems to me to have some members who apparently are willing to jump down anyones' throat the minute they disagree with an issue or see something which baffles them. They also seem to be intolerant of what they perceive as "baiting" type posts. As the other forum is somewhat larger than this one, there are arguably many more members willing to respond, so it looks like a much bigger argument than it often is.

I think I have a fair idea of what speedie is talking about much of the time (not always), and I don't always agree, but I don't think I haven't resorted to abuse etc to deal with it. Ignoring it or quoting from the good book works for me, where needed.
warra48

Postby bullfrog » Monday Apr 18, 2011 5:42 pm

I tend to quote the good book when reading his posts, too. Well, I tend to just exclaim the name of one of the very prominent characters a lot, at least :P
bullfrog

Postby hirns » Monday Apr 18, 2011 5:48 pm

The Good Book!! Palmers???? Sorry, couldn't resist???

Hirns.
hirns

Postby lob » Monday Apr 18, 2011 5:59 pm

Yeah, you may be a troll Speedie, but you're OUR troll. How dare that other site/forum ban you!
Broome Pale Ale. WA's Finest Craft Beer.
lob

Postby barrelboy » Monday Apr 18, 2011 7:01 pm

I see it this way, don't like a tv show - don't watch, radio - don't listen, speedies' posts, don't read. He hasn't offended me yet, I actually deciphered a post on my own, and well most of the time its just a fun. Some people should just get a life.
Cheers BB
A barrel a day keeps the doctor away. Drink more piss.
barrelboy

Postby rotten » Monday Apr 18, 2011 7:18 pm

?
98% of what he says is dribble, and the other 2% is condescending rubbish.
It's a sad day it this turns into a 'hail speedie thread'.
Beer numbs all zombies !!!
rotten

Postby bullfrog » Monday Apr 18, 2011 7:28 pm

rotten wrote:?
98% of what he says is dribble, and the other 2% is condescending rubbish.

And all of it in haiku.
bullfrog

Postby barls » Monday Apr 18, 2011 8:34 pm

really no abusive posts over there. do we need to quote them.
i mean you started a post comparing kit brewing to mixing packet jelly and you wonder why you got banned. not cool mate, its that sort of attitude that has widen the gap between the different skill levels of brewers.
actually its more than likely just your intolerant attitude on there towards other methods of brewing and your inability to grasp that there are more than one way to brew.
also you seem to be more literate over here, was it you were pretending to be that annoying over there.
barls

Postby Sonny » Monday Apr 18, 2011 10:15 pm

barls wrote: was it you were pretending to be that annoying over there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOuWWzP7wl0
the copper said that he'd 'been waiting all day for me to come along', I replied I got here as faaaast as I could!
Sonny

Postby earle » Tuesday Apr 19, 2011 8:35 am

barrelboy wrote:I see it this way, don't like a tv show - don't watch, radio - don't listen, speedies' posts, don't read. He hasn't offended me yet, I actually deciphered a post on my own, and well most of the time its just a fun. Some people should just get a life.
Cheers BB

You would have to go back a bit before you joined to be offended bb. He has toned it down a lot here compared to when he started.
earle

Postby barrelboy » Tuesday Apr 19, 2011 11:29 am

Fair enough Earle, you make a valid point and I now see there is history here and at other sites.
Ta BB
A barrel a day keeps the doctor away. Drink more piss.
barrelboy

Postby SuperBroo » Tuesday Apr 19, 2011 1:54 pm

Wasnt going to post in this thread, because I didnt think anyone would get sucked into replying...
but since there have been responses...

He's crapped on about award winning beers, has been invited to prove them many times, and has failed to produce, so until he does he gets no sympathy from me, and will be regarded as a troll, nothing else.
I saw his recent threads (now deleted) on the other forum, basically saying that K and K brewers and BIABers arent real brewers, what a knob.
I was able to understand that post because I have just completed an advanced diploma in code breaking.

You made your bed Speedie, now lay in it.

One common denominator amongst all the crap thats been posted on the forums in last few Months Speedie - YOU.

Thats a quote from the good book of "you reap what you sow" !!!
SuperBroo

Postby jayse » Tuesday Apr 19, 2011 3:47 pm

Gee posting a thread in another forum about how you have been baned by another, seen it many times before and find it poor form.

As far as tongue in cheek goes I have not seen that, what I see is people genuinely think your a tool, no tongue in cheek about it.
jayse

Postby Sonny » Tuesday Apr 19, 2011 5:36 pm

T'is true, Speedie can possess poor form. I don't think Speedie knows any different. It's the way he is. What's it matter?

I think some of you may take yourselves all too seriously, we aren't writing politics or anything that will change the third world. It's a beer forum.
That comment may cause a ruckass.
Speedie has produced replies in some of you that demonstrate the emotion that is in you as a brewer.
That is what makes a forum unique. (Character)
I've looked at but I have not joined another brew forum, 'cause I believe you all make this the best. Peron'as can just about be heard through the posts here.

Everyone should just call him out when need be, tell him when he's holding his tool too tightly and continue to ask him to front up with the proof. There is no real benefit for this site if Speedie wasn't here.

It's now time for Speedie to step up. You enjoy the challenge and ruffling the feathers, it's obvious.
Now is the time to show your true value.
Go immediately to the Xmas in July Lotto Draw thread. Those rules 'you' requested are done.
I'm already in with my 20th Kit brew, it's my best yet Speedie.

We're waiting brother................
Sonny

Postby chadjaja » Tuesday Apr 19, 2011 5:55 pm

This thread would make more sense if I hadn't put Speedie on ignore the first week he popped up here :?

I did see the posts on the other board where what he said was his equipment was really that of another WA brewery. If it walks and clucks like a duck... :wink:

Still I see Speedie has made bridges here but not because of Speedy himself but more a reflection of the accepting nature of this site compared to the other one. This was the first site I joined and it certainly is the most friendly, but I at least drew a line the first week as I said.
chadjaja

Postby billybushcook » Tuesday Apr 19, 2011 8:33 pm

Sonny wrote:T'is true, Speedie can possess poor form. I don't think Speedie knows any different. It's the way he is. What's it matter?

I think some of you may take yourselves all too seriously, we aren't writing politics or anything that will change the third world. It's a beer forum.
That comment may cause a ruckass.
Speedie has produced replies in some of you that demonstrate the emotion that is in you as a brewer.
That is what makes a forum unique. (Character)
I've looked at but I have not joined another brew forum, 'cause I believe you all make this the best. Peron'as can just about be heard through the posts here.

Everyone should just call him out when need be, tell him when he's holding his tool too tightly and continue to ask him to front up with the proof. There is no real benefit for this site if Speedie wasn't here.

It's now time for Speedie to step up. You enjoy the challenge and ruffling the feathers, it's obvious.
Now is the time to show your true value.
Go immediately to the Xmas in July Lotto Draw thread. Those rules 'you' requested are done.
I'm already in with my 20th Kit brew, it's my best yet Speedie.

We're waiting brother................

Spot on Sonny

chadjaja wrote: but more a reflection of the accepting nature of this site compared to the other one.

Totaly agree here too.

Now, my impression.
Speedie,
While you have not upset me personally & due to which I have not had any real harsh words to present to you, you do have some very one eyed & objectional opinions on peoples brewing methods if they are not the same as yours.
Not to mention that your English & punctuation is about equal to my 5yr old son. (although, I can actually understand what he is trying to write, so he's maybe one up on you)

remember:- (& I live by this theory)

There are a thousand ways to F^ck a cat!

So long as the finished product is a beer the brewer enjoys.....WHO GIVES A SHIT how it's made!
These forums are more about answering peoples questions than forcing ones views upon another.

I mentioned above that you had not managed to get under my skin, here is the exception.

After me asking you, how you do your long hand calcs, you ducked it for some time. Then Warra posted a quote from a book, you jumped in with a post which was basically "yeh, what he said" it made me seriously doubt your brewing credentials.
I'm now convinced that you are not the head brewer in your clan & are totally in-capable of any maths of such a nature, therefore you appear to be just a "cling on" & a "want to be".
So until proven otherwise, I will, for ever-more consider you as a nobody!

Sorry if that is a bit harsh, but has been a long time coming!

I would like to think you can prove me wrong, but from what Ivé observed, I'd doubt it!

Cheers, Mick.
Home brew my Arse, get that Shit to forensics!
billybushcook

Postby drsmurto » Tuesday Apr 19, 2011 9:02 pm

Speedie is nothing more than a drunk, dyslexic, attention seeking troll.
drsmurto

Postby squirt in the turns » Tuesday Apr 19, 2011 10:09 pm

Probably way off the mark here, but I reckon we've seen a little more of Gregb since Speedie's arrival (in general, not just the use of the thread-locking spanner). Maybe Speedie's giving him more of a reason to check in on a daily basis. As if conversing with the fine folks here isn't reason enough :D
squirt in the turns

Next

Return to General discussion