Good news or great?

Other topics - beer-related or not.

Good news or great?

Postby bullfrog » Tuesday Jul 12, 2011 1:30 pm

Hey chaps, just touching base quickly as I'm paying through the nose for Internet usage over here, but I just got back from the APA Mecca of the world and was given some terrific news that I had to share.

During the tour of the Sierra Nevada Breweries (which was hella awesome - pics to come when it won't cost me $100 per pic to upload) I mentioned to the tour guide the ridiculous price we have to pay for their acclaimed pale ale back home. He told me that they've just signed up a distribution deal for Aus which will mean us getting the fresh product (will be bottle-conditioning in transit under controlled temperature conditions) for a reasonable price! This should all be commencing in the next couple of months.

...You can see why I had to share.

PS. If anyone ever finds themselves in Chico, CA, get the SNPA on tap. Whole different beast!
bullfrog

Re: Good news or great?

Postby RUM57L » Tuesday Jul 12, 2011 1:46 pm

G'Day Bullfrog,

Long time no talk... fantastic news. I've been wanting to try this drop for some time now and as lover of pale ales SNPA is high on my listing. Can't wait for the pics, get posting.

P.p.s you lucky bastard..
RUM57L

Postby jello » Tuesday Jul 12, 2011 4:52 pm

I can only imagine what they will consider a reasonable price. Budweiser and Miller are average beers at best and they're not reasonably priced.

So...bottle conditioned beers would make them good for a yeast starter, yes?
Jeff.
jello

Postby Oliver » Tuesday Jul 12, 2011 5:09 pm

That's the best news I've heard in a while. I know I was not exactly glowing in my assessment of SNPA in a recent post, but if it's the right price ...

Don't suppose you got any details of the distributor?

Perhaps I'll have to make some inquiries.

Keep up the good work, Bullfrog!

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby cliffo » Tuesday Jul 12, 2011 7:39 pm

cliffo

Postby jello » Tuesday Jul 12, 2011 7:44 pm

$90?!

HAHA!

Pass. It's not that good!
Jeff.
jello

Postby Oliver » Tuesday Jul 12, 2011 8:08 pm

Interesting ... the Dan's prices, for a single Pale and Extra IPA at least, are more than what I paid a month or so ago at Grain and Grape in Melbourne. Only just, but still more.

And at those prices I can't see it replacing my day-to-day beer, Coopers Pale :-)

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby Sonny » Tuesday Jul 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Just where will Homebrewandbeer send Jeremiah for his next assignment?

I suppose it will depend upon the full report submitted upon his return???
http://forums.bikeme.tv/
the copper said that he'd 'been waiting all day for me to come along', I replied I got here as faaaast as I could!
Sonny

Postby emnpaul » Wednesday Jul 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Sonny wrote:Jeremiah

Was a Bullfrog. :roll: :lol: :lol:
2000 light beers from home.
emnpaul

Postby RUM57L » Thursday Jul 14, 2011 10:14 am

I've never had any of SN that will be offered via Dans.

I'd pay for a mixed sixer ... they should offer a tasting event .. they would if they were smart
RUM57L

Postby Oliver » Thursday Jul 14, 2011 10:52 am

bullfrog wrote:... they've just signed up a distribution deal for Aus which will mean us getting the fresh product (will be bottle-conditioning in transit under controlled temperature conditions) for a reasonable price! This should all be commencing in the next couple of months.

There are two things about Bullfrog's post that indicate to me that Dan's isn't the new distributor:

1/ That the new deal is to begin "in the next couple of months" but Dan's already has Sierra Nevada's beers.

2/ That, as far as I know, Dan's is a retailer not a distributor (although I'll stand corrected on that). Or maybe I am just being semantic.

So that gives me hope that this mysterious deal will, in fact, mean that we can get SNPA and other beers for what is, genuinely, "a reasonable price"!

Fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby jello » Thursday Jul 14, 2011 12:46 pm

Oliver wrote:So that gives me hope that this mysterious deal will, in fact, mean that we can get SNPA and other beers for what is, genuinely, "a reasonable price"!

I wish I shared your optimism Oliver, I really do.
Jeff.
jello

Postby bullfrog » Thursday Jul 14, 2011 2:36 pm

I hope there's something to your suspicions, Oliver. The guy said that the brewery were annoyed that their product was being sold in Aus by somebody grey-importing so they've decided to come to the party themselves. The only thing is that I couldn't really see Woolworths (Dan Murphys) grey-importing or dealing with somebody who does but here's to hoping!

They have a beer that's pretty much identical to LCBA, by the way. Released to commemorate Earth Day but it came out three months after earth day and they flew all the hops in from NZ. I do love irony.
bullfrog

Return to General discussion