A great day ...

Other topics - beer-related or not.

A great day ...

Postby Oliver » Monday Jul 25, 2011 1:17 am

I'm watching the last stage of the Tour de France while having a few beers, including a Mountain Goat Surefoot Stout.

What an effort by Cadel Evans. He's the first Australian and the oldest rider since the war to win the tour. Fantastic effort. Not quite up there with the America's Cup win IMHO, but not too bloody bad! Surely it's the best individual sporting win by an Aussie. (EDIT: Arguably with the exception of Rod Laver.)

What a pity Mark Webber couldn't make it an Aussie double by taking out the German GP after leading until five or so laps from the end.

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Re: A great day ...

Postby barrelboy » Monday Jul 25, 2011 7:01 am

Spot on Oliver, the heart ache of two runner ups would be enough for anyone to quit, but to persist and win makes this tough, tough event is the most outstanding of achievements. Well done Cadel.
Cheers BB
A barrel a day keeps the doctor away. Drink more piss.
barrelboy

Re: A great day ...

Postby Sonny » Monday Jul 25, 2011 3:03 pm

Oliver wrote:What a pity Mark Webber couldn't make it an Aussie double by taking out the German GP after leading until five or so laps from the end.

Mate, it was a great day. Not only did Cadel win the yellow jersey, Casey Stoner won at Laguna this morning and the Wallabies beat the Springboks on Saturday night gone.

Have another beer, you deserve it!
http://forums.bikeme.tv/
the copper said that he'd 'been waiting all day for me to come along', I replied I got here as faaaast as I could!
Sonny

Return to General discussion