Dogger Dan

Other topics - beer-related or not.

Dogger Dan

Postby NTRabbit » Sunday Nov 13, 2011 12:08 am

Some of you may remember one of our forum users from long ago, Dogger Dan. He shifted most of his thoughts to a different site, but much of his legacy remains here.

Hate to be the one to inform you, but Dogger Dan recently passed away after a brief battle with cancer.

He will be missed.
Het Witte Konijn
NTRabbit

Re: Dogger Dan

Postby drsmurto » Sunday Nov 13, 2011 8:23 am

Very sad news indeed.

Dogger Dan answered a lot of my annoying questions when i first joined this forum. I also interacted with him at Brodies Castle (now Homebrewdownunder).

His willingness to take the time to respond and help me out is a big part of why i do the same. Pay it forward.

He will be missed for sure.
drsmurto

Postby warra48 » Sunday Nov 13, 2011 10:39 am

It is sad news. Condolences to his family.

I also interacted with him at Brodies Castle, and some time ago had a long chat with him on Skype.

He is a gentleman who will be sorely missed.
warra48

Postby Oliver » Sunday Nov 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Thanks for passing on that very sad news, NTR.

Dogger was one of the original members of this forum. He was the 23rd person to join, in August 2004, when we were just a month old.

He made an invaluable contribution to the forum in its formative years. He was a Canadian living in Canada, but was very active on several Australian homebrew forums at various times.

Although he hadn't visited the homebrewandbeer.com forum for quite some time, he is still third on the list of all-time posters.

While some who weren't around at the time Dogger was active may be tempted to think that his high post count was because of an inclination to frivolous posts, nothing could be further from that. He was always willing to share his great knowledge openly and quickly.

This site was poorer for his absence over the past few years, and with his passing the brewing community as a whole has lost valuable resource and, as Warra says, a gentleman.

I'll always have fond memories of my dealings with him.

My thoughts are with his family.

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby Wassa » Wednesday Nov 16, 2011 1:38 pm

The loss of Dogger is a great loss to this forum, Homebrewdown under and brewing in general.

Dogger was always willing to help, had a really keen sense of humour and was an all round great guy.

I for one will miss him greatly and feel ther pain that his family must feel.

RIP Dogger!!! Hope they had a cold one waiting for you at The Pearly Gates!!!!
The liver is Evil and must be punished!!
Wassa

Return to General discussion