Pure randomness

Other topics - beer-related or not.

Re: Pure randomness

Postby emnpaul » Thursday Jan 26, 2012 7:21 am

Bacon, eggs, tomatoes, hash browns and bratwurst.

What to eat first? :)~

If travelling through the Blue Mountaiuns this weekend make sure you use Bells Line of Rd. I've heard its very scenic. :wink:
2000 light beers from home.
emnpaul

Postby rotten » Thursday Jan 26, 2012 9:58 am

The only roads I'm travelling are the ones leading to and from work :evil:

And then they lead me back to my tiling :| so,so,tired of tiling.
Beer numbs all zombies !!!
rotten

Postby warra48 » Thursday Jan 26, 2012 1:57 pm

emnpaul wrote:Bacon, eggs, tomatoes, hash browns and bratwurst.

What to eat first? :)~

If travelling through the Blue Mountains this weekend make sure you use Bells Line of Rd. I've heard its very scenic. :wink:

Eat everything except the bacon, I always leave mine till the end, because it's my favourite bit!

Bells Line of Road is great, but just be careful of the boyz in blue, they're very active along there, and there are speed cameras also.
warra48

Postby emnpaul » Thursday Jan 26, 2012 7:37 pm

warra48 wrote:the boyz in blue...speed cameras also.

Add traffic and you have all three of Bullfrog's favourite things.
emnpaul

Postby Guru » Thursday Jan 26, 2012 8:16 pm

Ahh, bells line of road, did that a couple of years ago on a Motorbike coming back from ballina. Great stretch of bitumen. Didn't see a single chipper either.
Guru

Postby rotten » Friday Jan 27, 2012 9:00 pm

While I'm sure you won't care my bathroom is finished after 2 weeks to the day. I had to work nearly every day as well so I'm looking forward to a rest, at some time in the future, hopefully, bugger, not yet though. :mrgreen:
rotten

Postby warra48 » Friday Jan 27, 2012 9:55 pm

rotten wrote:While I'm sure you won't care my bathroom is finished after 2 weeks to the day. I had to work nearly every day as well so I'm looking forward to a rest, at some time in the future, hopefully, bugger, not yet though. :mrgreen:

Aahh,that brings back memories. Did one in a previous house just before our son was born in 1981. I reckon you've earned a day or two relaxing with a few beers.
warra48

Pure randomness

Postby bullfrog » Saturday Jan 28, 2012 7:37 am

Guru wrote:Ahh, bells line of road, did that a couple of years ago on a Motorbike coming back from ballina. Great stretch of bitumen. Didn't see a single chipper either.

It's a brilliant road on the bike. The drama is that I live in North Richmond (where Bells Line starts) and there's only a single-lane (each way) bridge into town. Come a public holiday, or even just every plain old Friday and it seems that every bloke and his dog in Sydney decides to take a leisurely trip up the mountains...only, they don't take the multi-lane highway; they take the scenic route.

A trip home from work that can take me 45 minutes most afternoons has been known to blow out to over an hour and a half, just because people want to go past the quaint apple orchards in Bilpin.

Were I mayor of the Hawkesbury, a congestion charge would be brought in for all non-residents on weekends, public holidays and school holidays. Two grand sounds about right, I think!
bullfrog

Postby warra48 » Monday Jan 30, 2012 1:54 pm

For the second time in a fortnight we have received a wedding invitation in a BLACK envelope. Your first thought is "Who's died?"

Is black the new white? Why wasn't this run past me for approval before it became accepted etiquette?

The first one is from my nephew, my sister's son. The RSVP date was 3 days prior to us receiving the invitation. Obviously, we are very much on the C list, so we will not be helping them to celebrate their happy event. There's not even a phone number or an address to RSVP, it's supposed to be done on a designated crappy wedding website. And they bluntly state they don't want gifts, just money. If we have no address, we can't send a card, no gift, and no money! Bargain. I always knew there was a reason I didn't really like the little tike all that much. And worst of all, the wedding is in Lorne in Vic. Very convenient if you're flying in from interstate.

The second is from my niece, the daughter of one of my brothers. The wedding is in Cambridge in UnZud, so we might actually think of going, seeing as there is still 3 weeks to the RSVP date. Obviously we are on the A list for that one, and we actually like the girl, she's sweet and lovely (takes after her uncle warra). And there are proper contact details on the invitation, although they also have one of those wedding websites, but it's informative. Thankfully, there's no mention of gifts or money, so I'd be happy to donate to this one.
warra48

Postby Tipsy » Monday Jan 30, 2012 2:12 pm

warra48 wrote:takes after her uncle warra

Not in looks I hope! :P

I'm with you Warra, we always give money at weddings because we know how much it can help.
But if we're asked for it we give something crappy, like a popcorn maker or toaster. :lol:
Tipsy

Postby Longwood-65 » Tuesday Jan 31, 2012 11:21 am

bored index
Longwood-65

Postby warra48 » Tuesday Jan 31, 2012 1:38 pm

What size drill do you use to bore your index?
warra48

Postby rotten » Tuesday Jan 31, 2012 2:16 pm

I always tell the mrs nine inchs, everything is always nine inchs :wink:
rotten

Postby emnpaul » Saturday Feb 04, 2012 8:39 pm

I put a new set of front brake discs on the Commondore today. They were about 9 inches. One the old ones had a crack in it too. :shock:
emnpaul

Postby Horse Head Brewing » Saturday Feb 04, 2012 8:59 pm

Heyas
Here is something random.
Everyone has heard that if you play music to plants they grow better.
Scientific studies have supposedly shown that even dairy cattle produce 10-20% more milk with classical music being played.
What will happen to my little yeastys if i play them music :?:
Am i onto something :idea: or should i sober up and have a cup of tea :lol:
Horse Head Brewing

Postby emnpaul » Saturday Feb 04, 2012 9:07 pm

Go for some Slayer or Norwiegan Black Metal. I've heard termites eat wood twice as fast when subject to heavy metal and aren't yeast a bit like an army of termites that eat sugar instead of wood?

Let us know how you go. :wink:
emnpaul

Postby milliner1986 » Sunday Feb 05, 2012 12:31 am

I hate the M5 !!! I usually go henry lawson dr which brings you back on the m5 conveniently just before the tolls so i (well my boss) has to pay a toll for about 1km of motorway driving. Yay They're gonna widen it to 3 lanes but not in the tunnel so more traffic can get to the bottleneck quicker! I also hate all motorways as I work all over sydney and leave to go home from a different way every day. Why should you have to pay to be stuck in a shitfight? Why do people have accidents on a motorway? Is driving in a straight line too hard??? How come everyone seems to lose the very little driving skills they have when it rains?? People who don't know how to merge properly also shit me. Why doesn't everyone go all the way to the end of the merge lane not half way along cuz everyone's going to go around you and get in front of you anyway slowing traffic even more. I also go nuts when an imbecile sticks his right indicator on 10m before a set of traffic lights. I hate CABBIES IN THE CITY!!!! PARKING RANGERS!!! BUSES!!! NO RIGHT TURN SIGNS!!! ONE WAY STREETS!!! USELESS REVERSE PARKERS!!! TRUCKS IN THE RIGHT LANE!!! SCHOOL ZONES!!! UNCONFIDENT DRIVERS THAT NEED A 30 SECOND GAP TO TURN AT AN INTERSECTION OR ROUNDABOUT!!! F************************K!!!!!! :evil: I need a holiday. I worked over the Xmas break. the traffic was brilliant. Now all the wankers are back.

Ok I feel better now, thank you I like this thread :)
milliner1986

Postby Tipsy » Sunday Feb 05, 2012 7:31 am

milliner1986 wrote: I also go nuts when an imbecile sticks his right indicator on 10m before a set of traffic lights.

I hate when people brake before indicating, that's what an indicator's for, to indicate your intentions. Dickheads.

I reckon folk music would be good for the yeast so you get a nice slow ferment.
Tipsy

Postby barrelboy » Sunday Feb 05, 2012 8:53 am

I reckon Stairway to Heaven would be good for the yeast but not the bloody Rolf Harris version, that would kill it! :lol:
Cheers BB
A barrel a day keeps the doctor away. Drink more piss.
barrelboy

Postby milliner1986 » Sunday Feb 05, 2012 2:57 pm

The funny thing is this dude looks a lot like me
milliner1986

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion