Pure randomness

Other topics - beer-related or not.

Re: Pure randomness

Postby lob » Tuesday Feb 26, 2013 6:25 pm

Broome Pale Ale. WA's Finest Craft Beer.
lob

Postby rotten » Wednesday Feb 27, 2013 9:47 am

It's raining and I'm still at work while everyone else is sitting at home drinking beer :cry:

Bring on soundwave and clipsal this weekend so I can have a day off drinking and they have to work :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Beer numbs all zombies !!!
rotten

Postby Guru » Wednesday Feb 27, 2013 4:44 pm

I'm heading to Clipsal this weekend. Have Clipsal corporate tickets as a mate is a dealer (clipsal, not drug), everything laid on... woot!
Guru

Postby bullfrog » Monday Mar 25, 2013 8:10 am

Lost about 17kg since Christmas. I packed on heaps of weight in the past 3 or 4 years so am trimming it back now.

Eating right, limiting beer consumption to only every now and then and a bit of exercise (read: pushing a stroller round the park) is doing a lot.

Thinking of getting back into boxing casually, as I still want to lose another 5-10 kegs.

Just thought I'd share my biggest loser experience.
bullfrog

Postby Guru » Thursday Mar 28, 2013 7:05 am

Nice one bullfrog.

Been a bit quiet around here lately, maybe we're all hanging out for the new site update from Oliver...

I'm heading down to the river later today to go camping, nothing like getting away from the mad Easter crowds here in Mildura.
Guru

Postby emnpaul » Thursday Mar 28, 2013 10:33 am

17Kg is a lot on your frame Bullfrog. 10 out of ten for effort.

I haven't been drinking much at all lately on account of trying to finish the last of my aging kit beers. That is, the not so good ones that were put away for "extended aging". Somewhat curbs the enjoyment. Also due to study and family commitments I've brewed 2, yes 2, batches in the last six months, one of which got tipped due to infection. Sob. :cry: That probably explains why I haven't been posting or visiting that much. (Although I'm sure my blatant trolling and sarcasm hasn't been missed.)

I'd love to be going camping this weekend but I'll have to wait till July to get away, when I go to Fiji, which will more than make up for it.
2000 light beers from home.
emnpaul

Postby bullfrog » Thursday Mar 28, 2013 11:45 am

emnpaul wrote:17Kg is a lot on your frame Bullfrog. 10 out of ten for effort.

I'll be svelte again in no time!

...Then I'll get back in the habit of keeping the keg fridge constantly stocked and probably balloon back out to 105 :P
bullfrog

Postby lob » Sunday Apr 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Halal Beer would have made a good April Fools Joke. Next year.
lob

Postby emnpaul » Sunday Apr 07, 2013 5:01 pm

The perfect thing to wash down my smokey BBQ, halal pork chops. Mmmm, :)~ halal.
emnpaul

Postby emnpaul » Sunday May 19, 2013 8:56 pm

I had trouble deciding if this belongs in the beer drinking music thread or not.

I doubt many of you are Slayer listeners but for the those who are unfamiliar legendary guitarist and song writer Jeff Hanneman died recently from liver failure. This was initially reported as being from the after effects of a flesh eating bacteria infection resulting from a spider bite. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-03/s ... es/4667246

When I first heard of his death from liver failure on the radio my first thought was too much Heineken. His love of Heineken was well known to most Slayer fans. I knew about the spider bite but last I heard he was on his way to recovery so I was a bit shocked and also saddened to learn of his passing. From a stinking spider bite, no less.

Then came confirmation that he did in fact die of cirrhosis and was on the turps all day every day. http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/jeff-hann ... ider-bite/

I'm thinking I might up my AFD count from 2-3 a week to minimum 3, sometimes 4 just to be on the safe side.
emnpaul

Postby Oliver » Sunday May 19, 2013 10:09 pm

emnpaul,

Two things:

First, I gather you've heard that those very interesting folk from the Westbro Baptist Church are planning to picket Hanneman's funeral for reasons I can't quite discern. (This is the same mob who already pickets the funerals of fallen US soldiers, because their deaths are "the lord ... punishing this evil nation for abandoning all moral imperatives that are worth a dime".)

Second, I doubt very much your alcohol consumption compares in any way to Hanneman's. However, AFDs can do no harm. I endeavour, and frequently fail, to have three a week.

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby lob » Monday May 20, 2013 5:55 am

Minimum of 3? NO! You want no more than 2 All f---ing Dayers (AFDs) on the piss.
lob

Postby emnpaul » Monday May 20, 2013 9:00 pm

Yes, hard to believe the Warnbro Baptist Church could claim the moral high ground on anything, even a Slayer funeral.

@ Lob. All dayer, very funny. I might have 1 or two of those a year. Grand final and Bathurst if I'm lucky.

Mostly just concerned that one or two tallies on a drinking day slowly became two, maybe three and my three or four AFDs a week has steadily declined to two or three. No doubt Mr. Hanemann started out the same way and given family history isn't on my side it's just something I've been keeping an eye on. Not exactly worried, per se, just cautious.
emnpaul

Postby rotten » Wednesday Jun 05, 2013 12:28 pm

It's colder outside now then when I woke up this morning :roll:

True story
Beer numbs all zombies !!!
rotten

Postby emnpaul » Sunday Jun 23, 2013 7:16 pm

When did a lounge suite become a couch? I firkin hate that word. Grrr! :evil:

And while I'm on the subject, sofa, French fries, 'burger, oreos... Hello. This is Australia.
emnpaul

Postby Tipsy » Monday Jun 24, 2013 11:09 am

Always been couch to me, lounge suite sounds a bit hoighty-toighty. :P
Tipsy

Postby emnpaul » Monday Jun 24, 2013 5:56 pm

I keep in touch with the common man by calling it "the lounge". It's the reason I have a lounge room as opposed to the "couch room's" of the great unwashed. :lol:
emnpaul

Postby Tipsy » Tuesday Jun 25, 2013 3:53 pm

:lol:
Tipsy

Postby warra48 » Tuesday Jun 25, 2013 4:29 pm

I lounge in the lounge room in front of the TV, in my lovely leather chair which has managed to mould itself to my body shape, so no one else is comfortable in it. It's in position A right in front central of the TV. A man needs his needs met.

Played golf today. Or, rather, I walked the 18 holes, and had lots too many swings at the stupid little white ball.
warra48

Postby lob » Tuesday Jun 25, 2013 5:57 pm

sofa
lob

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion