Pure randomness

Other topics - beer-related or not.

Re: Pure randomness

Postby Tipsy » Thursday Jan 19, 2012 10:16 am

Oh hang on, what's on tap?
Tipsy

Postby emnpaul » Thursday Jan 19, 2012 10:48 am

Seeing as your're a fellow hawks supporter I'd say yes, but it's just too far away. But then again a photo of me standing next to your fridge would almost be worth the trip.
2000 light beers from home.
emnpaul

Postby rotten » Thursday Jan 19, 2012 12:44 pm

Tipsy wrote:Oh hang on, what's on tap?

I have a Nugget, Crystal, Bravo APA on tap. Brewed NYE with 12 gram additions 8)

emnpaul wrote:Seeing as your're a fellow hawks supporter I'd say yes, but it's just too far away. But then again a photo of me standing next to your fridge would almost be worth the trip.

A fellow Hawks supporter is welcome any time :twisted:
Beer numbs all zombies !!!
rotten

Postby Bum » Thursday Jan 19, 2012 1:09 pm

No.
Bum

Postby rotten » Thursday Jan 19, 2012 1:20 pm

Bum wrote:No.

C'mon Bum, you know you want to :lol:
Beer numbs all zombies !!!
rotten

Postby Bum » Thursday Jan 19, 2012 1:41 pm

I didn't even realise that there was another page. Good on you for having any idea what I was banging on about.

Still no but. Bugger tiling.
Bum

Postby Guru » Thursday Jan 19, 2012 2:21 pm

As much as I'd love to help, and I'm only an hour away, the answer from me is also no. Tiling is a crappy job at best.
I plan on cranking up the wood fired pizza oven on Saturday and that requires all afternoon at least to supervise. :)
Guru

Postby drsmurto » Thursday Jan 19, 2012 7:36 pm

I seem to have misplaced my invitation to pizza night guru. Can you remind me of your address.
drsmurto

Postby Guru » Thursday Jan 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Only 3-4 hours down the road from you drsmurto, in sunny Mildura. Last time we cooked pizza (couple of weeks ago) for my nephews 18th, my brother and I cooked about 25 pizzas in about an hour and a half. Bloody good they were.

Guru

Postby chadjaja » Friday Jan 20, 2012 6:57 am

Got my motorcycle learners yesterday :D Went for the first ride last night and my first time in charge of a motor vehicle in 36 years! Prob only in Melbourne could you get away with that.

Dave, expect me at your homebrew shop on Tuesday :mrgreen:
chadjaja

Postby lob » Friday Jan 20, 2012 7:10 pm

All this talk of pizza is making me thirsty...
Broome Pale Ale. WA's Finest Craft Beer.
lob

Pure randomness

Postby bullfrog » Friday Jan 20, 2012 7:24 pm

chadjaja wrote:Got my motorcycle learners yesterday :D Went for the first ride last night and my first time in charge of a motor vehicle in 36 years! Prob only in Melbourne could you get away with that.

Another one of us on a bike. We've got about enough now to make a spin off site. HB&B presents: Brewers on Bikes

:P
Last edited by bullfrog on Saturday Jan 21, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bullfrog

Postby earle » Saturday Jan 21, 2012 11:01 am

chadjaja wrote:Got my motorcycle learners yesterday :D Went for the first ride last night and my first time in charge of a motor vehicle in 36 years! Prob only in Melbourne could you get away with that.

Its certainly something getting out on the road on a motorcycle for the first time, even when you're a regular car driver. When I learnt a few years ago I had been practising on the farm roads behind our house at relatively low speed. When my neighbour came to take me for my first road lesson it certainly had the heart pumping as we live on a 100km/h road. No mucking about at low speeds, straight into it.
earle

Postby Tipsy » Saturday Jan 21, 2012 9:28 pm

earle wrote:

Its certainly something getting out on the road on a motorcycle for the first time, even when you're a regular car driver. When I learnt a few years ago I had been practising on the farm roads behind our house at relatively low speed. When my neighbour came to take me for my first road lesson it certainly had the heart pumping as we live on a 100km/h road. No mucking about at low speeds, straight into it.

I think all car drivers should have a go on a bike, it would certainly open some eyes.
Tipsy

Postby warra48 » Sunday Jan 22, 2012 5:53 am

Tipsy wrote:I think all car drivers should have a go on a bike, it would certainly open some eyes.

I've long thought that the best car drivers are those who have experience on a bike.
I had my bike licence about 3 years before my car licence. There's nothing like being on a bike to teach concentration, awarenes of other traffic, and road surfaces and grip etc.
warra48

Postby chadjaja » Sunday Jan 22, 2012 6:42 am

Yeah a bit different from being on the pushi full time but after 10+ years as a bicycle courier in the Melbourne CBD some of the bike skills come naturally it seems. Expect the worst and drive defensively.

Each day at work was a battle zone and mentally tiring as much as physical. :cry: Bit more respect on something with a motor though than people seeing me as a pest thanks to the likes of Kochie, Neil Mitchell, Robert Doyle and Shane Warne.... :evil:
chadjaja

Postby barrelboy » Monday Jan 23, 2012 6:15 am

After 32yrs of having bikes I retired about 10yrs ago. To this day I still drive a car as if having "eyes in the back of my head". All persons going for a licence should have to ride a bike or scooter for say 3 months (these could be hired) and have to clock up so many km. I believe this would make for more sensible, courteous drivers than on our roads today.
Cheers BB
A barrel a day keeps the doctor away. Drink more piss.
barrelboy

Postby gregb » Monday Jan 23, 2012 6:53 am

I had the same idea as Barrelboy, but with push bikes. I would also require people to be able to drive a car with manual transmission.
gregb

Postby chadjaja » Monday Jan 23, 2012 7:05 am

yup they would learn about vulnerability and that others at times use their cars as weapons to intimidate and sometimes hurt and kill. Being surrounded by steel seems to make some think that there is no consequences for pushing and squeezing others out.

Stinking hot in a a jacket and full face this time of the year once stopped though.....geeeesh.
chadjaja

Pure randomness

Postby bullfrog » Wednesday Jan 25, 2012 11:25 pm

Figured this is probably the most appropriate thread to say hope everyone has a good Australia day (and that if you're in Sydney and plan to head over the mountains, that you take the bloody highway - I'm sick of gridlock in my town every time there's a frigging public holiday!)
bullfrog

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion