V8's

Other topics - beer-related or not.

V8's

Postby r.magnay » Thursday Jul 07, 2005 3:38 pm

G'day men,
(And girls too I 'spose,) Just thought I would mention the fact that I went to the super cars last weekend in Darwin, what a top weekend! I had tickets to a corporate tent with a couple of pretty young things waiting on us all day, the only let down was the fact that the day was sponsored, or contracted by CUB so the beer choice was a bit average, but the hostesses made that a lot easier to swallow. It was interesting to note though, in the tent that I was in, there was somwhere around 25-30 people the first day, and a few more the second day, I didn't see one VB drinker the first day, and only one the second! Backs up my theory about the stuff a bit!
I am a Holden man and they won, but in the utes I was barracking for the Coopers utes, which unfortunately are Fords, and they won too, so I had a pretty successful weekend!
Just thought I would rub your noses in that!
Sorry.
Go the Holdens!
Ross
r.magnay

Postby Antsvb » Tuesday Jul 12, 2005 12:29 pm

So if not VB, what were the CUB people drinking????Fosters????? :wink:
'Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.' - Benjamin Franklin.

Antsvb.
Antsvb

Postby NTRabbit » Tuesday Jul 12, 2005 5:32 pm

As i recall from the Clipsal 500 this year, the beers on sale were Sterling and VB, accompanied by premix Cougar and Cola. All in cans of course.
Het Witte Konijn
NTRabbit

Postby Oliver » Thursday Jul 14, 2005 12:22 am

NTRabbit wrote:As i recall from the Clipsal 500 this year, the beers on sale were Sterling and VB, accompanied by premix Cougar and Cola. All in cans of course.

Delicious. I'm sorry I wasn't there :shock:

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby NTRabbit » Thursday Jul 14, 2005 12:28 am

My seats are front row on turn 9 at the end of Brabham Straight, which means we get to see all the action headed into that tight corner, plus everything up the straight including cars entering the sweeper. They tow all the accidents past us into the runoff and you can go down and take pics close up too!
Het Witte Konijn
NTRabbit

Postby nanna Gail » Thursday Jul 14, 2005 5:24 pm

NTRabbit I found a SkittleBrau recipe - Dont believe APU, such a drink can be made

Skittlebrau
Things you need
Skittles and Lager or Cider

Description

Take a pint of Cider or Beer, take a small drink from glass to make some room in the glass. Empty a packet of skittles into the glass. Leave briefly, then enjoy. Skittle flavoured beer followed by coulourless beer flavoured skittles. Lovely!
Last edited by nanna Gail on Thursday Jul 14, 2005 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
enjoy life
nanna Gail

Postby nanna Gail » Thursday Jul 14, 2005 5:32 pm

NTRabbit check this link (thats if it works and I have done it right) doubtful
http://www.burnham-down-the-house.net/a ... 001865.php
enjoy life
nanna Gail

Postby r.magnay » Saturday Jul 16, 2005 7:16 am

G'day Antsvb,
The heavy drinkers drank Melbourne bitter, most people drank carlton midstrength, I drank mids, it would have been a long day on heavies at the pace we got rid of them, and that was the main feeling around the place, after all, we did go to see the cars and things...girls...and things...more girls...and things.
Ross
r.magnay

Return to General discussion