The Hanging Judge

Other topics - beer-related or not.

The Hanging Judge

Postby undercover1 » Wednesday Jul 27, 2005 4:46 pm

Off for jury service tomorrow. Have had that "da-doink" noise from Law & Order echoing in my head all week.
Will probably end up on some hideous murder case, or armed robbery. What I REALLY want to hear, of course, is a case involving a landlord's malicious & egregious watering down of their beer, with malice aforethought. Maybe throw in GBH on top of that too.
10 years!
Salut!
undercover1

Re: The Hanging Judge

Postby db » Wednesday Jul 27, 2005 9:28 pm

undercover1 wrote:Off for jury service tomorrow. Have had that "da-doink" noise from Law & Order echoing in my head all week.
Will probably end up on some hideous murder case, or armed robbery. What I REALLY want to hear, of course, is a case involving a landlord's malicious & egregious watering down of their beer, with malice aforethought. Maybe throw in GBH on top of that too.
10 years!

so no hb's tonight? :wink:
db

Postby Dogger Dan » Thursday Jul 28, 2005 2:30 am

Do they even let you drink beer?

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby undercover1 » Friday Jul 29, 2005 9:41 am

Supreme Court case- dodgy drug squad copper- stealing from drug labs- trafficking prohibited substances- threatened to kill another cop who sussed him out-12 week trail with 50 witnesses. No thanks, got myself excused.
The most boring day I've had in a very very long time.
Salut!
undercover1

Postby flosso » Friday Jul 29, 2005 9:47 am

I'm hearing you undercover1, earlier this year I was called up for jury service to the Salt Nightclub murders case - 7 people accused of murdering 3 people, about 250 witnesses, expected to go for 4 months - got myself excused as well.

Agree that it was very boring, I remember waiting in a room for 90 minutes just to be told we could leave. As I recall I didn't bother going into work that afternoon and instead headed to the local HBS instead!
flosso

Postby undercover1 » Friday Jul 29, 2005 11:00 am

Great minds think alike, Flosso.
At 4.00pm I headed straight up to Australian Winemakers and bought the last few bits and pieces for the winter brew schedule.
4 batches done, 4 to go, as follows:
-Cooper's Pale Ale, with Saflager yeast & 25g Saaz, made up with Cooper's BE
-Brewcraft Belgian Ale, Safwheat yeast, 1 kilo ale sugar mix (light dried malt, maltodextrin, dextrose)
-Brewcraft Munich Lager, 25g Cascade, 1 kilo of BE & 250g of dextrose (for added kick)
-Cooper's Nut Brown, 500g dark dried malt extract & 500g BE
That should keep the airlocks busy til September, and all will be well matured by December. Yes, that's right, I will have to taste the odd sample, but I plan to see in summer with 150+ bottles ready to go. Plus some cider.
Huzzah, as our Pyssedas friends like to say!
Salut!
undercover1

Postby grabman » Sunday Jul 31, 2005 10:22 am

consider ourselves lucky to be excused!

in past 10 years I've had the experience 3 times, my boss is a JP so considers jury duty your civic duty, no help there. Each time I've ended up on a trial, luckily none longer than 8 days. All however had to do with kiddy fiddlers, sick bastards! blood horrible thing to have to sit and listen to, especially when at the end of it all in one case we had to let the bugger go through lack of evidence!

Don't want to have to do it again!!!
Some people say I have a drinking Problem....
I drink, I get drunk, I fall over....
What's the problem?

http://www.brodiescastlebrewing.com/
grabman

Return to General discussion