Cheap Bastards

Other topics - beer-related or not.

Cheap Bastards

Postby Dogger Dan » Wednesday Nov 03, 2004 10:25 pm

Ok,

I haven't had a good rant in a while but there are somethings which are just inherently wrong.

Just to bring you up to speed, my 9 year old daughter has been invited to sing the National Anthems (Canadian and American) in an upcoming hockey game between the London Knights and the Plymouth Whalers.

So, this poor kid is going to be standing and singing in front of some 12,000 people. Additionally she has to practice and be driven around on Wednesdays to get to the practices (rehersals I guess).

So I have to buy a ticket to go see her sing. No worries, I have no issue with that, afterall, I am just going to sit my fat arse down and watch the game (can't afford a beer there, 9 bucks a glass).

My problem is that these cheap bastards are making my little girl buy a ticket in order to sing the anthems oh, I forgot, she gets a deal, 50 cents off the regular price. What a frigging crock. No bloody wonder the organization made 3 million last year. I bet they charge the players to

So, is this what it is coming to, make money hand over fist anyway you can? There is a link to beer here, the arena is owned by John Labatt, a mega brewry here in Canada that makes shit beer. Why am I suprised they are doing what they are doing?

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby gregb » Thursday Nov 04, 2004 6:48 am

I'd offer to boycott all John Labatt products, but since I don't buy'em anyway I don't see it making a big difference.

$9 a glass for a beer! Brew a nice dark ale in a Coke/Pepsi etc bottle, most bouncers aren't bright enough to spot the difference.

Cheers,

Greg.
gregb

Postby rain » Thursday Nov 04, 2004 10:39 am

Hey Mike, that sort of thing would make A LOT of news reports in Australia, and bad publicity is what commercial organizations do not like. I'm not suggesting black-mail, but ........... :twisted:

Tom
EVERYTHING is worth my interest!
rain

Postby grabman » Thursday Nov 04, 2004 6:35 pm

I'm with Rain, geez just imagine the fun Ray Martin would have on a Current Affair with that crock!!!!!

You'd end up with free tickets and free booze Dogger, for the whole bloody season!!!!!! :twisted:
Some people say I have a drinking Problem....
I drink, I get drunk, I fall over....
What's the problem?

http://www.brodiescastlebrewing.com/
grabman

Postby Clintsc9 » Friday Nov 12, 2004 10:50 am

You could turn up on the day and act really indignant that she has to pay and refuse so they'll have no one to sing the anthems unless they let her in for free.
But that is gambling with a little girl's moment of glory so it might be best to 'bite the bullet' and pay just for her sake. It's what we do for our daughters all their lives.

9 bucks a glass! :shock:
Unless it is a VERY BIG glass, in any currency that is way too much. Watch the game then go home and enjoy your own. How many glasses of your homebrew would you get for 9 bucks?
Clint
Clintsc9

Postby Dogger Dan » Friday Nov 12, 2004 10:20 pm

Yeh, thats why I drink coffee there, 2 beers would equal 5 gallons or 2 and half slabs (two fours) of homebrew. It is crappy rework to

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Return to General discussion