International Passification Day

Other topics - beer-related or not.

International Passification Day

Postby Dogger Dan » Saturday Sep 24, 2005 10:17 am

Gentlemen and Ladies,

I would like to announce that once again International Passification will occur, this year it is Oct 29.

For those of you who don't know what this, it is truly a wonderfull event that will send warm fuzzies through your hearts. It is time again to passify our stainless and our copper. Everything needs to be shiny and the evil oxidation needs to be removed.

So, Saturday October 29 it is time again to make this happen. It of course involves some copious drinking allbeit discretly. If done correctly it can also save your life, because along with buying the vinegar to make this all happen you need to buy some batteries to replace the ones in your smoke detectors and your CO detectors.

Here is the plan, on Oct 29 rinse and wash your stainless and copper brew pots, kegs, the missus pots etc with a vinegar solution let them soak, tell the missus she will not believe how great things will look when you are done but it really is a bugger, it takes time, time best spent........yes changing the batteries in your CO and smoke detectors (another 5 min job that needs doing). The rest of the day is yours to consume, yes consume,....... beer especially if you are letting the pots soak.

Bring the passified pots in to that love of your life one at a time for her to see, 1 hr spread between pots.....wonderful shiny pots, like new, "how did you do that" they will ask. Labour of Love my dear, labour of love" you will reply.

Oh International Passification Day is a Life Saver, Brownie point getter and all round, good old boys day.

The folks at Pyssedas didn't have a CO monitor last year and felt they were being left out, most of us here in Canada have them in our basements, and so they built a basement just so they could install a CO monitor to join in this wonderful event. Good for them I say and I am sure a good time was had by all involved. Truly, a great and wonderful undertaking.

This also lead to Doggers Passification Brew amongst other things.

Folks this is as good an event as any, and truly a worthy cause. It isn't at the T shirt level just yet but maybe one day........

Here in Canada it has become a long weekend

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby JohnL » Saturday Sep 24, 2005 10:44 am

Not to sure about all the soaking and cleaning, but like the rest of the day...the stuff about consuming. Who came up with the idea?

The day is only a few weeks before Top Bloke Day. The day is gaining momentum and is one that will one day be internationaly renowned. Jump on board early and have the whole day to whatever you want to do...
Just a little something that helps occupy my time.....

Check out the website http://www.topblokeday.com
I formed a new group called Alcoholics-Unanimous. If you don't feel like a drink, you ring another member and he comes over to persuade you.

Richard Harris
JohnL

Postby gregb » Saturday Sep 24, 2005 4:45 pm

...most of us here in Canada have them in our basements...

Sorry Dogger most of us here in Oz don't have basements to put them in. But the paternal governments (took me 3 goes to type that) are looking to make smoke detectors mandatory.

Is it a day to do the 'once a year' jobs ?

Cheers,

Greg.
gregb

Postby Dogger Dan » Saturday Sep 24, 2005 8:48 pm

Yes I understand, no basements, that still doesn't stop one from participating in the event. Trust me, the missus will love you for all the effort you put in,

Imagine, rolling into bed on Saturday and you get a cuddle instead of a Cold Shoulder. Think of what that can lead to, (don't think to far)

Its almost better than Christmas

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby Shaun » Sunday Sep 25, 2005 10:39 pm

Dogger what ratio of vinegar to water?
Shaun

Postby Dogger Dan » Monday Sep 26, 2005 7:44 am

1 to 1

Dogger
Dogger Dan

For shame...

Postby Pyssedas Heavy Industrial » Friday Oct 07, 2005 12:06 pm

for shame my fellow australians - where is that famous Aussie fighting spirit - why should the canadians have all the cellars?

as mr dogger rightly points out last year we had to dig a cellar just so we could participate - we liked it so much that this year we are going to dig another - underneath the first!

our plans are gestating nicely - in no small part helped by generous gulps of our version of mr dogger's orange aid [it just gets nicer with age]

so come on - dig a cellar [remember to include a door to get out of the cellar] and get involved
For smaller, more nimble home-brewing advice visit us at: http://www.pyssedas.com/forum - huzzah!
Pyssedas Heavy Industrial

Postby silkworm » Friday Oct 07, 2005 1:18 pm

As long as building a cellar is Australian?
I'd hate to be called un-Australian.
Lets all stand.... 'Australians let us all rejoice for we are pissed by sea,'
Our Lands abound in natures gifts of Beauti Blond and brown,
la la la laa laaaa.....
My first beer was after noon I promise :wink:
Cheers
Silk

Postby undercover1 » Friday Oct 07, 2005 1:20 pm

I shudder to think what the assorted miscreants & misfits of the Pyssedas collective (or conspiracy) keep chained up in their cellar.
Salut!
undercover1

Postby silkworm » Friday Oct 07, 2005 2:37 pm

Undercover1,
I do not aspire to this potentially egregious group.
I understand they have affiliations to warthogs and salebrous Western capes...
I'm not sure how the Pyssedas collective acculturate. :shock:

I'll keep you posted.
Cheers
Silk

Postby undercover1 » Friday Oct 07, 2005 3:26 pm

There's no "potential" about their egregiousness, Silk, it's a proven fact, even if they did escape jail on a technicality.
They acculturate under rocks,or perhaps in this sinister cellar they like to boast of. Most disturbingly, they recruit on forums like this, laying traps (baited with chicken beer!) for the unwary.
Salut!
undercover1

Postby Dogger Dan » Saturday Oct 08, 2005 2:40 am

This is becoming a large event. My daughter is singing the National Anthem in front of 9000 party faithful on the 28 to get events under way.

Dogger
Dogger Dan

Postby Oliver » Saturday Oct 08, 2005 10:16 am

Dogger,

Do you have to pay to get in like last time? :shock:

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby grabman » Saturday Oct 08, 2005 11:48 am

ooh I remember that, sure fire way to upset Dogger!!!

Ask him to pay to watch his daughter sing!

Damn right too they should pay him for the privilege of having her perfrom!
Some people say I have a drinking Problem....
I drink, I get drunk, I fall over....
What's the problem?

http://www.brodiescastlebrewing.com/
grabman

Postby Lebowski » Saturday Oct 08, 2005 12:01 pm

Hmm got the cellar but I dont think theres any smoke detectors in it. I think the bar fridge light needs replacing though, will that do?
Lebowski

Postby Dogger Dan » Saturday Oct 08, 2005 9:04 pm

The idea is to get the day off from the missus to do nothing but drink beer while making her pots all shiney and then do a bit of lifesaving stuff. Don't tell her how easy it is, make it seem like it is a big event.

And yes, she has to pay again, at an adult price :x

However, I guess the JLC pays a portion of the nights fees to the outfit singing. Last year the Guides got a pot of cake to go to a year end Camp

Dogger
Dogger Dan

hmmm

Postby Pyssedas Heavy Industrial » Tuesday Oct 11, 2005 8:16 am

maybe i could just go and spend time in the roofspace - i'm sure if i tapped the rafters with a hammer from time to time it would appear as if real work was getting done...

ps - pyssedas denies any links to wartime japan
For smaller, more nimble home-brewing advice visit us at: http://www.pyssedas.com/forum - huzzah!
Pyssedas Heavy Industrial

Re: hmmm

Postby undercover1 » Tuesday Oct 11, 2005 10:37 am

Pyssedas Heavy Industrial wrote:
ps - pyssedas denies any links to wartime japan

Again we see how you divert attention from your real activities with non sequiturs & verbal legerdemain.
As you know, it was your links with communist Cuba that were the subject of interest to the Royal Commission. Wartime Japan is simply another red herring!
Salut!
undercover1

Postby Dogger Dan » Tuesday Oct 11, 2005 12:43 pm

Tis to warm in the roof and requires to much CO2 to deliver the beer.

The basement is far cooler and lower so beer flows there naturally.

If you have to , tap on the walls

Dogger
Dogger Dan

Return to General discussion