A sad state of affairs

Other topics - beer-related or not.

A sad state of affairs

Postby Dogger Dan » Wednesday Dec 01, 2004 11:12 am

As timing would have it I managed to dink my brewing schedule such that I have nothing available and 20 gallons waiting, a lethargic lager that wont get on, my coconut mess which I am very interested in but I think may need more than 5 min aging and a wheat development which again is on the suspect table.

Bumer Dude. I am being forced to swill Carling Black Label at least until after exams on the 8th as I don't have the time to nuture these lovely bevys in the way they should

I guess I am trying to arrouse sympathy for my plight but as the man said, "sympathy is simply a word between Shi* and Syphallis in the dictionary" (The Man circa 1983).

Anyway, lots of lovely for Xmas, and I will likely get into Dads vintage wines Liquor Pig I am. Wasn't really looking fo a reply, just informing of a tragic situation.

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby db » Wednesday Dec 01, 2004 11:30 am

maybe d. waterer could hook you up an egg ale or 2?.... but then again the postage would probly have adverse effects :wink:
db

Postby rain » Wednesday Dec 01, 2004 3:23 pm

Yeah. I know what you mean. My "playroom" has recently been filled by the storage of a Mate's property - I can't get near my brewing gear, which is a worry (fortunately there's nothing to ruin) but the cupboard is running down. Who the hell needs ungrateful blokes like this? At the current rate of er, evaporation (?) I'll be buying slag again in a week. :x
EVERYTHING is worth my interest!
rain

Postby grabman » Thursday Dec 02, 2004 6:16 pm

I hope you send the bill to your "mate" for your purchase!

I'll also bet he is apt to consume more than his fill of your brew when they are available!
Some people say I have a drinking Problem....
I drink, I get drunk, I fall over....
What's the problem?

http://www.brodiescastlebrewing.com/
grabman

Postby sago » Friday Dec 03, 2004 2:28 pm

Dear Topers,
This grave situation is upon us all.
I will however be trying a 5 week old maturation this evening but will also look on this as a unique oppurtunity to purchase a 6 pack of something for an aperitif.
If they have any Grolch with the jaipsey tops then i'll give them a burtle otherwise will collect some Coopers sparkling .(Just for the empties you understand)
Alpacas are larger than nattterjack toads
sago

Postby Dogger Dan » Friday Dec 03, 2004 10:07 pm

Sago,

Is that 5 weeks since you pitched the yeast? LOL

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Return to General discussion