Pearl Jam- the new Grateful Dead?

Other topics - beer-related or not.

Have Eddie and the boys become the new Jerry and the boys?

Yes
25%
No
No votes
I seem to have misplaced my pants
75%

Total votes : 8

Pearl Jam- the new Grateful Dead?

Postby thehipone » Friday Jan 21, 2005 3:34 pm

Ok, the question is have Pearl Jam, the once mighty alternative rock band turned into the Grateful Dead- very limited commercial influence anymore but this huge fan base that often travels around the country (under the influence of certain drugs often) to attend as many shows as possible?

My opinion is yes, for the reasons outlined above, but I'd be interested to hear opinions on one of my favorite bands...
thehipone

Postby Merlin » Friday Jan 21, 2005 3:50 pm

spot-on thehipone, Pearl Jam haven't put out a decent album in years. Their last pile of crap got listened to once and has gathered dust in my CD rack since, somehow I don't think too many up-and-comers are going to be citing it as their major influence. If I went to a Pearl Jam show I'd be hoping for them to play the entire Ten album and thats about it.
Merlin

Postby Dogger Dan » Friday Jan 21, 2005 10:04 pm

I have never liked Pearl Jam

The Crows are playing your way, take thm in if you get a chance

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby sago » Friday Jan 21, 2005 10:37 pm

I am and must be an old bastard.
I like Ac/Dc ,The
Gunners.Queen ,Metallica and The Who.
Played in rock bands from 1963 to 1968'
The Indications
The Four Shades of Blue
The Shades of Blue
The Offset Balcony
J.J. Crowes Mutiny
Mutiny

Many changes of name because our rhythm guitarist worked in the tax department.Who the hell needs to pay tax when you are still at school????
Pearl Jam used to be O.K.
Keith Richard is still alive------------How ??????
Alpacas are larger than nattterjack toads
sago

Postby gregb » Saturday Jan 22, 2005 4:18 am

It was interesting to see how much of thier newer stuff was in the 2nd hand CD shops, and how quickly after Christmas the greatest hits double CD (which was also seen in the 2nd hand shops) dropped to the $15 rack.

Cheers,

Greg
gregb

My pants

Postby Pyssedas Heavy Industrial » Saturday Jan 22, 2005 10:15 am

Yes yes...Pearl Jam... Grateful Dead all very good i like them both - but it is the misplacing my pants thing which is most pertinent

Thank goodness for you poll i say - for it does indeed appear that I have misplaced my pants - even more worrying i do not know at what point this occured!

I definitely had them on when i returned to work after New Year, because my boss commented on how good my suit looked - but that is three weeks ago now.

I think that I probably still had them a week or so later when i was giving that presentation on the funding requests - but then again... it would explain why i haven't had a response yet

Clearly i am going to have to ask around my friends [how embarassing!] to see when i did last have my pants

I can't believe that Mrs Pyssedas has been allowing me to go out in public like this!

Thank you once again
P.H.I.
For smaller, more nimble home-brewing advice visit us at: http://www.pyssedas.com/forum - huzzah!
Pyssedas Heavy Industrial

Postby Dogger Dan » Saturday Jan 22, 2005 11:52 am

The day you where a suit to work.

Am yet to meet a homebrewer that wears a suit to work

Yet take a couple of hours and see Shaun of the Dead. Then you will be greatful

LOL

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Suit days

Postby Pyssedas Heavy Industrial » Monday Jan 24, 2005 9:14 am

Yes sadly dogger most work days are suit days - particularly painful after sun-burn at lawn bowls

I am trying to train my workplace into more casual wear but so far no joy.

Rest assured that i do not wear my suit while actually brewing
For smaller, more nimble home-brewing advice visit us at: http://www.pyssedas.com/forum - huzzah!
Pyssedas Heavy Industrial

Return to General discussion